95 ls overheating!

mikexmayhem

hey there
i have a 95 ls auto. it has been overheating recently. it hasnt become undrivable, the guage just goes all the way to the H and the coolant boils in the resevoir. i have replaced the thermostat, upper hose, replaced bad fan, drained and refilled coolant, bled out the air, water pump isnt leaking or making sounds/seems fine. there is not oil in my coolant and not burning coolant. the only thing i haven't done is replace the radiator.

as i drive, it starts out fine. at about between 1/4 and 1/2 on the gauge. it sits there for a while. a few miles or so. then all of a sudden rises to about 3/4. when i slow down, it creeps up. and when i speed up, it creeps down. but overall gradually works its way to HOT.

i have tried everything i can think of except the radiator, which will be done tomorrow. is there anything im missing or any advice anyone can give me.

thanks

TheSickestDC2

Banned
well dont replace the radiator if it isn't leaking. Is antifreeze leaking at all if not then check the oil and see if it looks like a milkshake if it does you have a blown head gasket and that is where you coolant is going

mikexmayhem

well im thinking that the radiator is damaged or stuff is stuck in it. things like that. also im not leaking coolant and there is not coolant/oil mixture. the head gasket is fine. is there an easy way to tell if the radiator is cracked or just bad?

mdeveaux

So what was the outcome? This is what is occurring with me right now. I'm stuck in DC. Mechanic replaced fan relay and sensor. It seemed to do the trick, but car is acting up again!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Mechanic didnt do the job right. Take it back to them and tell them to fix your shit cus thats his job.

Most annoying new guy in the world.

mdeveaux

I will take to back, but I'm trying to sve myself time and money by finding the right solution fast vs trial & error.