96 Integra Clutch Q

Channooo

I'm not sure if I need to replace it yet.
Are there any tips on how to check to see if it needs replacing?
I don't need to press the clutch all the way down to shift. Like literally I can press is down like 2-3 inches to switch gears. When I am in 1st trying to make the car accelerate, I can lift my foot off the pedal about the same amount as it takes to switch gears.

I read something about adjusting a nut or something. Like something about giving off slack?? Clutch free play or something like that.

But they said it depends if the car is cable operated clutch or not. If its hydraulic then I won't be able to do that method.

Does anyone know if an LS 96 Integra is cable operated? or is it hydraulic...

And another question.
A lot of the time when I start the car up. I can hear a motor like thing behind the dash on the passenger side. Sometimes my SRS light is on, but sometimes it isn't on. Could it have to do with the SRS or something?
Also, sometimes when driving I can hear that motor sound, but not too often.

Any help is gratefully appreciated! Thank you!

Ls Vteg

I'm not completely 100% sure but I believe you can adjust your clutch with the master cylinder. But you don't need to replace a clutch because of that
And you have a hydraulic clutch btw

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
94+ are all hydraulic.

You can adjust the free-play, being cable or hydraulic doesn't matter. This is done at the pedal.

Just because you can shift gears by only pressing the clutch down a little doesn't mean your clutch is out of adjustment. I can shift gears without pressing my clutch down at all. What you are doing is wearing out your synchros prematurely, that's what's allowing you to do that.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
And also, that "motor" you hear is the ABS thingymerjig, it's normal to do that. Does the SRS stay on while driving?

Channooo

I'm not completely 100% sure but I believe you can adjust your clutch with the master cylinder. But you don't need to replace a clutch because of that
And you have a hydraulic clutch btw
Thanks alot! Do you know if there is a guide or something on how to do it? Or would it be in my car manual?

Channooo

94+ are all hydraulic.

You can adjust the free-play, being cable or hydraulic doesn't matter. This is done at the pedal.

Just because you can shift gears by only pressing the clutch down a little doesn't mean your clutch is out of adjustment. I can shift gears without pressing my clutch down at all. What you are doing is wearing out your synchros prematurely, that's what's allowing you to do that.
Okay cool. Thanks man appreciate it. Also, know of any guides for that?

And so I should press the pedal all the way down instead of the slight pressure yes?

Thank you!

Channooo

And also, that "motor" you hear is the ABS thingymerjig, it's normal to do that. Does the SRS stay on while driving?
Nice to know that now. I was worried haha. The SRS occasionally stays on during the drive. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it turns off after I turn the car on, really random.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well, the SRS (supplement Restrain Sytems) usually has to do with Airbags and that sort of stuff. That's strange that it turns on and off.

Last edited:

zack11122

My plug under the seat broke. I accidentally pulled the wires out. So I stuffed them back in. Occasionally it threw the srs light.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Okay cool. Thanks man appreciate it. Also, know of any guides for that?

And so I should press the pedal all the way down instead of the slight pressure yes?

Thank you!

Your free play should be adjusted so it is fully engaged when you hit the clutch stop. So yes you should press the pedal all the way down.

You can also see where your clutch is disengaged and turn the clutch stop out so it stops it at that point; then you won't have so much over-travel.