96 ls cel code 45 wtf

dsgb

Hey guy newbie to site not to cars but this has me dumb founded my 96 integra bone stock has cel light on i jumped wires to check code and it brought up code 45 which is: system running to lean or rich the car was running perfect but today acted like it was running out of gas at times then would run fine for a couple miles and start acting up again (especially at low revs) ive heard and seen alot of stuff saying o2 sensor but from all my experiences ive never seen a o2 sensor really make a car run funny uually just throws a code and thats the most of it hell ive had cars with o2 sensors removed that ran perfect. So has anyone experienced this or know what steps i could take to resolve this issue ? thanks

An O2 sensor can definitely make the car run funny. Especially if it's the upstream on an OBD2 car like yours. Replace the O2 sensor, clear the code, and see what happens.

dsgb

Ok so used to running straight pipes withought o2 sensors thoight maybe fuel pump or ignition module great thanks ill do o2 sensor tommarow and let yall know i appreciate the input oh ya the maintence required light is on as well whats the deal with that? Is there a way tp clear it or check it?

The Maintenance Required light is just a mileage timer. There is a button under the dash you push and hold while the key is in the ON (II) position to clear it.