97 DC4 no fuel no spark, please help

dc4shk

OXHello club teggys i need help fixing my daily driver it ran perfectly fine but it had the cel on due to o2 sensor i didnt think anything bad of it so i keept using tje car with the cel on and one day i went work and when i got out the car wouldnt start so i took a look at it and thought it was time for a tune up so iput new spark plugs and cables coil cap rotor and fuel relay fuel pump ecu good grounds and checked the timing it good rotor spins 12v at the coil and no spark no fuel if u have any usefull advise please help thanks for ur time...

Murphy

Meat Master
Use periods and paragraphs, reading those run on sentences will give anyone a headache. It's pretty difficult to understand what you're saying. Is the car not starting after you updated the ignition, did it surge and die on you while driving, is it just randomly not turning over?

If it's not turning over just after you replaced your ignition, you should go back and double check your work.

If you haven't replaced the fuel filter try that. Also, either take a blow torch to your current O2 sensor or replace it all together.

dc4shk

Sorry! The car ran fine. One day it just didnt start. I would crank it and ithe motor would just spin and not fire up.

No spark at the spark plug wires. No power at the fuel pump. When i changed the distributor i swap it out exactly the same wway it was. Timing is on point.

zzbabar

I just had the same problem. i was driving and my car randomly cut off. no start. it turns over only. checked spark, no spark. replaced the distributor and still no spark. also checked fuel. no pressure at all. HELP?! its a 1997 LS integra Automatic with B20.

96LSteg

Jemel
heres a question.

How do you know its not getting spark? have you tested the plugs/cables?

How do you know you arent getting fuel? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? Pull the line from the fuel filter and prime the pump. Are you getting fuel out of that line? Have you looked at you injectors?

Have you done a compression test to see what compression numbers you have?

do these steps and report back....

itzrivera

for a second I thought @96ls was muckman posting questions haha Looks like they're learning from ya muckman

96LSteg

Jemel
i thought I was Muckman for a minute too lol

**edit**

im just tired of seeing people say they arent getting fuel or spark and they dont know for sure if they are or not.

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I know, I always question it too. First rule of E-troubleshooting is you don't let the user tell you they have ruled something out. Consider everything and question their test procedures.

zzbabar

I checked spark plugs by pulling them out and connecting them to the plug wire and had someone crank it. no spark.

I did not hear the fuel pump prime. nor any pressure release when i loosened the line on the fuel filter. no pressure, no noise.

zzbabar

Compression is on point. and injectors are 50,000 miles old. done every maintenance on the veh. my father owns a shop so its always in tip top shape.

96LSteg

Jemel
My next suggestion would be to check the extra fuse under the hood. cant remember the amperage off the top of my head. but it controls injectors, ecu, all that crap. I would also check and see if you are getting power to the pump.

zzbabar

yes we checked the fuses. i still need to check the main relay fuse under the coin holder on the driver side. its a pain to get out.