97' gsr

gene91

IM about to buy my buddies stock GSR, other then a coule mods he has made such as a sounds system, and a Type R head. and want to make some changes to the vehicle, but want to be sure that what Im buying is going to be good and reliable.

First I plan on getting a Greddy Evo II exhaust as I've been searching and it seems to be one of the better sounding exhausts for the car. I'd like to add a high flow cat, and a downpipe, but Im not sure of what products I should go with. Any suggestions?

Second is the suspension. I'd like to lower the car on coilovers because the teg I have now had its springs chopped and its like riding in a trampoline and every bump feels like a back breaker. Any suggestions on a good suspension set up?

Third is the engine, Whats a good Cold Air Intake to go with and what would be some other modifications I should make to beef it up a bit?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys. 8)

rockadilla

thats right.
1. dc header.
2. koni yellows or tokico illumias
3. doesnt matter, AEM, Injen or any major manufacturer will work. and the exhaust and header work with the intake to improve air flow. Any other mods besides an intake manifold and u will probably be looking at upgrading the internals.

gene91

After listening to the Apexi N1 I changed my mind, haha. Im going with it.

Any specific DC Sports header? I looked them up and noticed there are several to choose from.
Some ceramic, and some steel.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
i know dc headers are known to crack along the welds. i have a spyder automotive (off brand) cold air intake and it works great for $110

gene91

Well I definitely dont want any faulty equipment. But I have known of alot of people with DC's. Is there any other brands that arent as faulty

rockadilla

thats right.
DC is basically the entry level header, the product isn't the best but they are just about the cheapest, realistically it should last about 2-4 years. And people say different things, but if I remember right the steel is the better product. But do some researching and find out what fits best for u