97 LS have Keyless Entry?

SpeedGoddess

Hi all,
I have a '97 LS. When I got the car, it only came with one key that works in the doors and ignition (but not the trunk). I did not get a clicker. I've Googled and there are some websites were I can buy one and program it with my car, but I am not sure if it had keyless entry from the factory. My car is completely stock. I called the dealership in town and they couldn't tell me either.
Does anybody on here know happen to know?
Thanks

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you could install an alarm and wire it to your power locks. after that, pick up a set of keyless door handles. thats what i did :thumbs up

Josh73

u cant keep ur regular inside door handles and jus change the outside one?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
But without a key that opens the trunk, and no keyholes in any doors, if the alarm malfunctions and won't unlock for whatever reason, there's no way to get into the car.

Mkulrey13

Thats awesome. I will be doing that! but if my remote dies...guess ima be crawling through the hatch haha

SpeedGoddess

Bump

Bump
Does ANYBODY know if the '97s had keyless entry from the factory? I have power door locks.
I'm considering selling because I want something that has keyless entry, but I don't want to sell if it Does have it, or there's a cheap system i can put in it that does not involve shaved door handles. Being female, it's mainly a safety thing for me (I live in a city), and although I live in a good area, I occasionally am in bad areas, or areas I do not know.
So yeah. Does anybody happen to know?
Thanks

j13

Keep It Clean
Bump
Does ANYBODY know if the '97s had keyless entry from the factory? I have power door locks.
So yeah. Does anybody happen to know?
Thanks
Why does it matter if you have keyless entry or not?

I know 92-95 EX civics came with a remote to lock/unlock. For real though. You got all the advice on how to secure your car..what else do you need?