97 sounds like a diesel...clatter clatter clatter

JohnCarter

I'm going to get a new timing belt and valve adjust next week. Surely this will quiet it down?

At 190,000 should I get a water pump also? Anything else? It's dripping oil annoyingly.

I was told 3 hours labor on the timing belt.

I plan to use a shop called Accuformance in East Point, GA since they're nearby and seem to specialize in Accuras. Looks like they got one good review online.

Thanks for the help. This is the best forum for Integra owners.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Do the water pump also, if you dont and need to do the pump later, they have to take the timing belt off again. If the oil drip is from the oil pan, it needs a new gasket around the bolt at the bottom. also 3 hours seems a little short for a timing belt, when i replaced mine it took me about 10 hours

Drunkyoda

it took you 10 hours to do a timing belt!?!?!?!?!?! it took me about 3. its not very hard... lol. i have done a single cam and a dohc now. both about the same time... single a lil shoter obviously

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
yeah, i ran into a lot of problems and i had not done it before..rust sucks
also the guy i was doing it with was doing an engine swap on a 3000gt so i was helping him with that too

94rsDC4

When you do the valve adjustment do the complete tune up as well. Thats gonna help alot with the noise.