97 steering wheel in 00 integra?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Hi I'm new to this site. I'm scared to ask a question on here because I saw people getting bullied on here, so please don't hurt me :cry:

Okay, so I have a 2000 LS and I swapped my OEM steering wheel for a ITR non-srs wheel. Now I want to go back to stock and a nice man gave me a free 1997 steering wheel. I just need confirmation that it will directly be a simple swap without any problems. I'm pretty sure it will because obd1 and obd2 airbags are not interchangeable and the '97 is obd2.

Another important thing is that it didn't come with a clock spring. Do I need to buy a 1997 clock spring or a 2000 one? Or will any 96-01 will do? And does it matter if it is from an automatic/manual?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Why is everyone on this forum bullies!?

Anyone want to help me out? I want to take out the itr wheel ASAP...

Sended from my phone

R13

The other asshole
Cj's just been having trouble coming to terms with his sexuality.

It will work.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Even the clock spring? The one on eBay is from a 97 auto and I have a 00 manual.

Sended from my phone

R13

The other asshole
Obd1 has 3 yellow plugs, Obd2 has 2 yellow, 1 grey and 1 green plug.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Ok so the 97 auto clock spring will work? I need to make sure. Sorry if I sound dumb.

Sended from my phone

R13

The other asshole
Yes transmission is irrelevant in this situation, Just make sure the plugs are correct and the steering wheel has the correct connections.

Take my car for example, I recently removed the steering wheel to find I have no clock spring because when it was wrecked instead of a new airbag they replaced the whole wheel with an obd1 so my airbag is just a dud, Which explains why my cruise control didn't work either before I deleted it. -__-

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Yes transmission is irrelevant in this situation, Just make sure the plugs are correct and the steering wheel has the correct connections.

Take my car for example, I recently removed the steering wheel to find I have no clock spring because when it was wrecked instead of a new airbag they replaced the whole wheel with an obd1 so my airbag is just a dud, Which explains why my cruise control didn't work either before I deleted it. -__-
Ok. Thanks kurt.

I'm unsure if this is serious or a joke.
Nah man im serious. I have no experience with clock springs :p

Sended from my phone

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
R13 is dead on, all you need to do is find a obd2 steering wheel/bag.

You can identify the 2 by checking the plugs like r13 stated.

I know most 96 and up should be obd2 but some weren't. All 98 and up tegs were def obd2.

osiris19

R13 is dead on, all you need to do is find a obd2 steering wheel/bag.

You can identify the 2 by checking the plugs like r13 stated.

I know most 96 and up should be obd2 but some weren't. All 98 and up tegs were def obd2.
Only the early 96 were obd1 I believe because they were made in early 95 before the odb standard changed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Oh so the clock spring fitment is determined by the obd of the car and not the air bag itself because I opened up the wheel and I don't see any green or grey connecters.