98 Integra Projectors

98 SMR AV6

Thinking about doing a retrofit with a pair of 98 integra projectors. I know they aren't good projectors to do retrofit on but they'll have to do for now.

My question is, what shrouds would fit the projectors?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Why arent they good projectors to do a retrofit? I assume you mean you are retrofitting another projector into the 98 headlights. You would not need a shroud because the projectors sit behind the bezels already that you will reuse. A few of use already have retrofits in our gen 3 headlights. Do you have another option to retrofit into other than a gen 3 headlight?

98 SMR AV6

Why arent they good projectors to do a retrofit? I assume you mean you are retrofitting another projector into the 98 headlights. You would not need a shroud because the projectors sit behind the bezels already that you will reuse. A few of use already have retrofits in our gen 3 headlights. Do you have another option to retrofit into other than a gen 3 headlight?
Sorry I forgot to mention that I don't have an integra. I currently don't have any projectors on my 98 accord. They're not good projectors to retrofit because the projectors on the integras are made for halogen bulbs, not HIDs.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
ok so i get what youre saying now.. you ARE using the integra projectors to put into your accord. First off they wont work because the projector housing is molded into the bracket so only the bowl will come off. You'll be better off using some other projector. Second if youre going to be doing the same amount of work involved in a retrofit, you might as well get a hid projector. You only need the projecters, bulbs, ballasts and wiring harness. Theres virtually zero gain for you to retro a halogen projector into a halogen headlamp. You could just buy some aftermarket projector headlamp for the accord if you wanted to do that and save yourself the labor.

johnnymass

Well you could do it. Just cut around the projector. But with all that work, you'd atleast want a well performing projector meant for hids.

Also, it's a 3inch lens. Search for shrouds that way.