99 GS transmission problems possibly

Thekris

I have a 1999 GS w/ auto with 123k miles and I think the tranny may be going on me. I feel as though the car is taking too long to change gears, as the rpms get to about 3500-4000 before it will shift sometimes. Also, when going around corners and up hills sometimes, the car seems to feel like it's dropping a gear and then playing catch up to get back to where it was. Is this normal? It only does it like when im in second about to shift to 3rd, i think or maybe 1st to 2nd. Regardless, do you think it's the transmission or could it be something else. It doesn't do it all the time.

phatintegra

Banned
Does your RPM shoot up before it catches? if so the gearing are on it's way out. If not when the last time you change the trans fluid? Was it just a change or complete flush?

You can pick up another used trans for under $600. You have to make sure you get one from a OBD2.

Thekris

Yes that is what it does. and I have never changed the tranny fluid since Ive gotten it which was almost a year ago. and I have a 94 ls that i part out thats also an automatic. would that transmission work?

Thekris

So i won't need any modifications for them to work?