99 GSR B18c1 Exhaust and header combo

99_Black_GSR

Want a good header, cat and exhaust setup.

Car has:
edlebrock victor x intake manifold
AEM cam Gears
Car has AC delete.
Launch control

Haven't had time to tear into the motor and see whats inside but i have driven a few tegs and this one doesn't feel stock. work out of town and just don't have the time to do so. please any advice at this point would help.

Got tired of looking for a thread and just figured i would ask and hope someone jumps in and helps me out. Bought the 99 GSR for the motor. Don't know what all it has but i know it pulls like a mf.
exhaust has a leak and headers came wrapped and i want to get rid of them.
Just wanting to build a nice daily all motor setup.

Last edited:

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Whats your price range? Ive got a PLM Narrow rep header with custom 2.5 piping to a tanabe hyper medallion muffler and it sounds good. i dont really have any exhaust drone, is surprisingly quiet when cruising around sitting unless i really get on it and then it gets loud but doesnt get raspy or obnoxious.

Noneed2Hate

I run a DC sports header with a GReddy Evo2 catback. I love it.

It really boils down to what state you are in. If you are in CA you'll basically have to buy CARB legal parts otherwise you will have to swap things out everytime you go in for emissions testing.

In terms of actual brands: APEXI, GReddy, Spoon Sports, DC Sports etc are all good brands, stay away from ebay junk as enticing as the price point might be.

Last edited:

99_Black_GSR

What do you think about the SKunk2 alpha series header, Blox test pipe and Invidia exhaust?
I had one on my subaru and really like how its slanted instead of coming straight out like most exhaust.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

I think the skunk2 stuff is a bit overpriced (unless you can get a good deal on it) and there seems to be mixed feelings about skunk parts in general. I honestly can't say :/ the exhaust should be fine. Blox stuff rusts like it's cool.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
If you go with the alpha header than make sure the test pipe is 2.5in like the collector is for the header and for the rest of the exhaust I'd honestly d custom 2.5in piping to a vibrant muffler with a 2.5in inlet. The invidia is 60mm which is 2.3in so for the same money if not maybe less I'd do a custom exhaust plus the vibrantuffler is black stock/stealthish looking so you won't getbmessed with by police.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What do you think about the SKunk2 alpha series header, Blox test pipe and Invidia exhaust?
I had one on my subaru and really like how its slanted instead of coming straight out like most exhaust.
I think the skunk2 stuff is a bit overpriced (unless you can get a good deal on it) and there seems to be mixed feelings about skunk parts in general. I honestly can't say :/ the exhaust should be fine. Blox stuff rusts like it's cool.
skunk2 alpha is not overpriced...$400 is cheap for a header. I run the alpha header and its great.

you can run that set up but you need a plm jdm itr test pipe

99_Black_GSR

If you go with the alpha header than make sure the test pipe is 2.5in like the collector is for the header and for the rest of the exhaust I'd honestly d custom 2.5in piping to a vibrant muffler with a 2.5in inlet. The invidia is 60mm which is 2.3in so for the same money if not maybe less I'd do a custom exhaust plus the vibrantuffler is black stock/stealthish looking so you won't getbmessed with by police.
Thank you for this advice. That sounds like a pretty good idea but I'm not to worried about cops profiling me since i live in florida.. I am going for the blacked out look and a black exhaust would be hitting it right on the money.

99_Black_GSR

Wanted to thank everyone for the advice i have a better since of direction on what i wanna do. Now i just need to tear into the motor and see what kind of internals i have. The guy i bought it from said its been built and i know it has something cause it pulls a lot harder then any stock Integra I've been in.

99_Black_GSR

So if you say the Blox test pipe rust then should i just go with a custom test pipe since I'm gonna go with 99DC2GSR advice about getting a custom exhaust made and just add the muffler.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Thank you for this advice. That sounds like a pretty good idea but I'm not to worried about cops profiling me since i live in florida.. I am going for the blacked out look and a black exhaust would be hitting it right on the money.
I live in Florida too dude, I live in Clearwater and I get profiled all the time and not just cause of my exhaust but Im planning to switch to a vibrant muffler as well and I might just add a resonator to quiet it down a bit lol

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Idk where you live in Florida but my buddy has rainbow muffler do all his exhaust work on every car he gets

99_Black_GSR

This is what I did.
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/products/94-01-acura-integra-exhaust-tubing-system.html

I got the 2.5in pipping and just had it all welded together.
Im in pensacola. So if i purchase that then all i would need done is a shop to weld it all for me and attach hangers. Thats all pre bent to fit our car correct? I should go with 304 stainless correct?

I have had an exhaust but my car is so low i was riding one night and smashed something and broke it. So i haven't been driving it much cause it basically doesn't have a muffler and cops don't ever mess with me and its loud lol

That is gonna be cheaper by about 3-4 hundred. Awesome bro i appreciate all your help i would have not thought about going this route.

Last edited:

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Yes its all bent for our car. Its what I have and it sits perfectly fine and idk what header you will go with but I've got the plm narrow rep header and it replaces the cat and at the time it ran me around $350. If your cars that low then raise it up some lol and maybe get a bit stiffer suspension setup. I get profiled all the time -_- I won't be doing anything wrong just doing the speed limit driving normal like a granny and going to work or something and will get pulled over.