99 Prelude type sh motor and tranny into da?

robert478

oh did i mention that my 90 teg is an auto... I also wanna transform it into a 5spd. i already got the 99 lude just need to pull the motor, tranny, axels and anything else i might need such as speedo all the pedals, long list of parts to take.. Gettin it from a friend, here in a little bit i'm gonna drive over and makes sure it runs because it's a little tooken apart. He's giving it to me for free dollars because he just needs the door, fender and door jam for his other lude. Yes i realize that this is a steal and if things start looking a little sketch i'll just sell it and get a b18c5 if i get lucky or b18c1.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you will need this

hasport mounts (easiest to use)
wire your stuff up for vtec
h22 ecu or p28
all the manual tranny swap stuff
the motor
aftermarket radiator
engine harness

all the basic stuff for a swap

BUT you will also need stiffer springs in your car
lower offset wheels in the front

why? the h22 is 200 lbs heavier than B series. get a 200lb person on the front of your car and see that shit sink. some characteristics like steering and handling geometry will be changed so stiffer springs will help with understeer

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
It happens a lot with G3 owners, you guys don't know how spoiled you are.

Go to that explicit link for most of the parts you need, including the mounts.

Axle Combo:

90-93 Acura Integra driver side axle (your stock one that is in the car)
90-93 Honda Accord Ex or Lx model midshaft
88-89 Acura Integra passenger side axle that has an Accord 90+ Inner joint put on it. Raxles.com sells this 1 custom axle. Ask for Marty.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
It happens a lot with G3 owners, you guys don't know how spoiled you are.

Go to that explicit link for most of the parts you need, including the mounts.

Axle Combo:

90-93 Acura Integra driver side axle (your stock one that is in the car)
90-93 Honda Accord Ex or Lx model midshaft
88-89 Acura Integra passenger side axle that has an Accord 90+ Inner joint put on it. Raxles.com sells this 1 custom axle. Ask for Marty.
can i pull its a monday card?

you really have to do that axle combo?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That's what it says, but i'm sure you can buy them from driveshaftshop. That way seems pretty cheap, compared to buying axles made for a swap.

robert478

Wow thanks so much guys I'll get back to you when i get home I'm in class still and im pullin the motor and anything else i need tonmorrow.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
oh did i mention that my 90 teg is an auto... I also wanna transform it into a 5spd. i already got the 99 lude just need to pull the motor, tranny, axels and anything else i might need such as speedo all the pedals, long list of parts to take.. Gettin it from a friend, here in a little bit i'm gonna drive over and makes sure it runs because it's a little tooken apart. He's giving it to me for free dollars because he just needs the door, fender and door jam for his other lude. Yes i realize that this is a steal and if things start looking a little sketch i'll just sell it and get a b18c5 if i get lucky or b18c1.
tooken=taken free dollars= for nothing or for free...

maybe you should put off the swap and study a lil more...

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
why? the h22 is 200 lbs heavier than B series. get a 200lb person on the front of your car and see that shit sink. some characteristics like steering and handling geometry will be changed so stiffer springs will help with understeer
H22 is only ~60 lbs heavier :roll:

It also sits at a slight inward angle (top leans into the firewall a bit) so the balance is really not THAT thrown off. If you use the Place Racing mounts, it also should set the motor in the center of the bay (at least they do in the 3rd gen). Only thing is, you have to cut the stock mounts completely off to use the PR mounts I believe.