a/c light change

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
looking to change my climate control (including the rest that shows where the air is going) lights anyone how to take out the bulbs and where i can get some in blue??

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
ive seen that forum but it doesnt explain on how to do it for a second gen tegge

dlo253

Theres a DA link in there. You shouldn't need a guide to take it apart. Just pop off the cluster bezel. Then a few screws under the climate controls are a bitch to get to. Are you doing that and the cluster? If so you need 2 wled-hp5. And like 5 wled-hp3. Iirc. Double check part numbers, but that would be 2 194 and 5 74 bulbs. 4 194 if you want the needles to light up same color as cluster. Check g2ic. I would link you to the one on my forum but its private.

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
i already did the the cluster im just waiting to see how to do the climate control i removed the screws that connect the climate control and positioning of the air flow buttons the climate control bulb is visible but i cant figure out how to take it out and the rest of them that light up the positioning of the air

dlo253

There is one or two small gold screws attaching it to a white plastic bracket. Pull the deck and maybe center console out to get to it. Then the two connecting it to the temp switch box.

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
alright i think i get it now but what are the sizes 3mm or 4mm ive seen the forum where its saids 3mm is for hazard light and 4 mm is for the climate control amd the rest but im not sure

dlo253

That was all for unconfirmed fitment in the dash buttons. The climate controls use a 74 type led. And I forgot... you will need 3, not 2. 2 for the climate controls, 1 for the temp/blower knobs. And may as well get 1 for the lighter while you're in there.