A/C to HP

HKDxSAVIER

ok so ive always wondered.... lol

has anyone ever been able to re-rout the a/c air into the intake lol how much more hp would u get?
i know its stupid and its probly like 1-5hp but i am just super curious hahaha

mirrorimg

You will lose power because the A/C is belt driven and the clutch on it engages when its on. It will negate any power you make. Have you ever noticed how slow the car is with the AC on?

Its like hitting the gas and the brakes at the same time. In cars nowadays, the brake always overpowers the gas (except with Toyotas...)

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
ok so ive always wondered.... lol

has anyone ever been able to re-rout the a/c air into the intake lol how much more hp would u get?
i know its stupid and its probly like 1-5hp but i am just super curious hahaha
Maybe you should route some R-12 into the motor I bet that would make it faster :rolf:

Prozon

Kris
Not to mention it might be kind of difficult to keep the a/c system from leaking out completely in about five seconds.

Maybe you just discovered a redneck alternative to NITROUS! Haha.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Turning the a/c compressor would offset any power gained by the cooler air.
Its like hitting the gas and the brakes at the same time. In cars nowadays, the brake always overpowers the gas (except with Toyotas...)
They do as well. Some people are just a little down in the common sense department.

HKDxSAVIER

Maybe you should route some R-12 into the motor I bet that would make it faster :rolf:
oooooOOO fuck!

ur smart.... NOT....

why do people try to be cool and totally blow peoples posts outa water
haha

i was just curious if done right can u get a gain? even if it was 1/2hp i just wanted to know for some dumb odd reason
i know a/c slows it down.
i was just curious..
and was hoping an idiot would try it and post it on youtube so i could have something
to watch for a minute lol

Joshmmc

If you want effective, crank driven power, a supercharger is pretty much it.