a couple brake problems

cchudalla

ok my first brake problem is my passenger side wheel is making a noise that's a grinding sound it sound like a warped rotor rubbing metal on metal, and it stops when i press on the brakes. my rotors are true but my pads are pretty worn but the strange part is this only happens when i have a passenger after my passenger get out it will still make the noise for about a mile then it stops my second problem is my passenger side back brake from what i can tell is not working at least not the outside pad it has been raining and there is some surface rust on it and even after driving 20 mi it is still has the same rust on it so im guessing my caliper is stuck but any other ideas would be great hopefully ive been descriptive enough thanks oh btw its a 94 ls 5 speed with power stop pad and rotors

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
That's not that strange. If your pads are worn out replace them, the squeaking would be from the pads grinding on the rotors.

cchudalla

Ok now the noise has changed it not a metallic sound its more of a thud and it has gotten bad this morning but u can only hear it when coasting under power or braking it goes away could this still by my brakes

DustinXIX

First thing, sounds like your brakes are worn pretty good. And general rule of thumb is when they're metal to metal replace the rotors too. I'd say get new pads and rotors and then go from there.most likely that's gonna be what the problem is.worst case scenario you just spent money on something the car really needs anyways, so it's not like it's a waste.