A crazy canuck

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
What's up?

Mike, from Lethbridge, Alberta.

Been heavily into 90-93 Accords for the past few years, built 3 of them, and finally got bored with my most recent one and decided it was time to change platforms.

I traded my gorgeous Frost White 1990 coupe straight across for a 95 Integra RS. You may look at these teo cars and question WTF was I thinking when I did this, but the honest answer is: I'd never get what I'd ask for my Accord, so the easiest way to dump it is to trade for something.

A local classified ad showed this Integra for sale or for trade. Seller lives a few blocks from my house, so I went over and met him.

We ended up trading cars, and I knew right away this Teg was going to need some major mechanical overhaul, as well as a $150 Out Of Province inspection.

I'm currently almost $1000 into parts for this car to pass inspection. If I have this car inspected, repaired and on the road for less than $1450, I've got a newer car for less than I paid for my Accord 1 year ago.

This Integra is my 11th Honda, but my first Honda that isn't an Accord...yes, I've had 10 Accords, 4 of them quite modified. This is car number 38 in 10 years for me. I seem to change cars as often as my underpants....or so my insurance company said.

Anyways, figured I would introduce myself. I probably will not be all that active on these boards, but I will be on here lurking and learning my new DC platform to tinker with.

Here's a few pics of my Accord I traded for this Integra.

The Accord was mechanically stock, other than an SRI. Function & Form coilovers, 15" legit JDM ITR wheels, complete interior swap and lots of other small details.

The Teg is a 95 RS. 268 000km. Runs like a dream.
-Needs new brakes all around. 2 seized calipers, rotors chewed to hell (Approx $400ish in parts alone)
-Needs LH CV shaft ($94)
-Needs entire exhaust ($100 for used OEM catback on kijiji, FTW)
-Needs a matching set of wheels (snagged a set of 1.7EL turbine alloys on kijiji for $250, and I already have brand new Blizzak snow tires for them)
-Rad has a small leak
-Missing bushing on RH front sway bar end link.
-Needs more than a little body TLC. Being an RS, all the black trim was spraypainted silver, and is peeling. There's random Bondo spots all over the car. Most of the car has been spraypainted. I will be doing the bodywork and respraying the car.

These photos were taken as soon as I brought the car home. So this is what I'm starting with.

I love being a handy Do It Yourselfer. I work at a dealership, so I'm having the car run through the shop for the inspection, and then I can do all my own work on it afterwards.

No real big plans for mods on this car. Maybe just some small cosmetic stuff, but overall I plan to keep it fairly stock as a daily driver. I'll more than likely sell it within a few months.

Last edited:

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
Thanks. I bought that Accord bone stock from the original owner for $1400 last December. It was an LX base model, black bumper beauty with 14" steelies.

This is what I began with.

The purple in the engine bay is Duplicolor Metalcast Purple. I wanted the car itself to look understated, but wanted a bright flashy engine bay.

As for the Teg, I absolutely love it. I have no complaints as of yet. It is miles better than the Accord in every way. Probably the best manual transmission I've ever rowed too.

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
So, I got the Teg through an Out of Province inspection today.

-Oil change
-New front sway bar end link bushing & bolt
-New right front caliper
-New right rear caliper
-New pads and rotors all around
-New battery
-New LH cv shaft
-Used complete OEM exhaust
-Acura 1.7EL rims & Blizzak snow tires
-Just needs the rad to be replaced and it's all good to go.

Now she's running and driving in top top shape, time to start the clean up process.

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
Here's a link to my Accord. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194264

Now that it's done, time to start the clean up process on the Teg. I don't really have many mod plans for this car. It's such a great car in stock form.

So far my only mods on this car that I've done are the 1.7EL wheels and my Pioneer headunit.

I'll have a couple more pics up soon. We're in the middle of a snow storm here, so things are a mess.

Last edited: