A few small problems and bad mpg.

96LSteg

Jemel
he just needs to download the service manual. its got everything he needs to know...

DC4Dan

Did you google that for him?

Lol funny I googled about 10 of them with no way of knowing if they are accurate because I've never done one before but it seems to be pretty simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

I successfully swapped my front o2 sensor with the rear which looked a whole lot better than the front with no cels and it feels like it pulls also harder (yes it's warmed up) so I just filled up mod grade I'll let Lu guys know how I do

DC4Dan

When adjusting my valve lash, will i adjust both intake and exhaust valves when say cyl one is at tdc? basicly when cyl. one is at tdc ill be adjusting what 4 valves? 2 intake and 2 exhaust?

DC4Dan

yes you adjust all 4 valves of that cylinder when its at TDC.
thanks, do i just tighten the bolts back down to the valve or do i need a torque wrench? the CI valve lash thread says just use a box end wrench, however on some other threads it says i need a torque wrench

osiris19

thanks, do i just tighten the bolts back down to the valve or do i need a torque wrench? the CI valve lash thread says just use a box end wrench, however on some other threads it says i need a torque wrench
The jam nut? No. Just tighten it snug with the wrench. Also make sure you're on compression stroke at TDC. It should line up with the marks on the crank pulley and the little stub on the timing cover, as well as both cams showing "UP" straight in the air.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

Ok cool. Also when moving to the next cyl. Just turn it 1/4 turn till I get to the next tdc?

osiris19

Turn count clockwise 90degrees. The can gears should be pointing toward the front of the car indicating TDC of cylinder 3 (1-3-4-2 firing order)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dudeskee1325

So I have just about the same problem, I replaced my plugs, cap and rotor, no wire replacement yet. I wanna replace my coil, I can get a new accel for cheap! I need to do the cleanings as well but was thinking of using some seafoam after I clean it myself. After that, would a legit fuel system clean be overkill?

DC4Dan

Well I didn't adjust the valves yet but I did do a compression test today (cold) and got 180-180-175-179