A few small problems and bad mpg.

DC4Dan

I'm actually looking at a prelude for a project right now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

Hey guys, so I never did fix this problem..I know we went through like everything but there has to be something wrong..I got like 75 miles to a half tank wtf...lol I have since RE-replaced spark plug wires and plugs , fuel filter , Pcv, sea foamed it, checked timing and I'm still getting terrible gas mileage.. My car still feels like crap at low Rpms. It also hesitates/misfires when the ac is on..could the ignition could be weak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zack11122

How's you're alignment? That helped my car out a lot when I was getting bad mpg.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

osiris19

Hey guys, so I never did fix this problem..I know we went through like everything but there has to be something wrong..I got like 75 miles to a half tank wtf...lol I have since RE-replaced spark plug wires and plugs , fuel filter , Pcv, sea foamed it, checked timing and I'm still getting terrible gas mileage.. My car still feels like crap at low Rpms. It also hesitates/misfires when the ac is on..could the ignition could be weak?

Sounds ignition related. How's the dizzy look?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

DC4Dan

We'll my alignment was good...but I just lowered my car so I need one now..and the dizzy itself looks decent.. But I think it's ignition related to because of the ac thing ...it's also at %40 engine load at idle with ac on

DC4Dan

Sorry to bring my thread back alive, but I never did fix this problem, I kind of just gave up on it. But there's one thing I noticed the last few days while a little low on gas. My car took 4-5 cranks to start when it usually starts on the 1st. And it's only when I'm low on gas. I'm down to about 150-170 miles per tank full here. Could the fuel pump be the culprit?

Sent from my tree house

Muckman

Not a M0derator
When fuel tank is low try priming the fuel system several times before starting by turning the ignition on, wait for fuel pump to prime (hum), turn it off, repeat 2 more times.

Low fuel level can cause the fuel pump to suck air causing low pressure, especially if parked on an angle.