A General Warning!

Far3nhe1t

Hey guys didn't really have a chance to introduce myself on these forums and I am not sure this is the right section for this. However I bought my car from a private seller about 3.5 months ago with a complete clean title. Got the title transfer, registered, and renewed. Well last night my car was repossessed due to a lien on the car without my knowledge because the seller is a HUGE fraudster and apparently was able to pass a fraudulent title through the dmv. In addition the car had 140,000 miles on it for which he changed the cluster from the 300k that was really on it. My hopes are not to whine are complain about my loss without re compensation, but to get some tips on how this can never happen again to me or anyone else. In addition I would like to thank all of you for posting tips and your builds on this forum. Even though this is my first post I have been lurking since I first bought the car .This is her:

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Woah... Sorry to hear about that. That must be a nightmare... I'm not sure how vehicle registration works in the US, but in Canada (Ontario anyways) we have to have a Used vehicle information packet from the transportation ministry which shows all previous owners, when they bought and sold it and any leans at all.

vtecteggy617

Woah... Sorry to hear about that. That must be a nightmare... I'm not sure how vehicle registration works in the US, but in Canada (Ontario anyways) we have to have a Used vehicle information packet from the transportation ministry which shows all previous owners, when they bought and sold it and any leans at all.
Sorry to hear about that. If you don't mind me asking but what are your next steps?

Sent from my Integra using Honda Motors!

Far3nhe1t

Sorry to hear about that. If you don't mind me asking but what are your next steps?

Well. Im not sure I have too many. I obviously gave up the tags and the insurance on the car. They say I can attempt to sue the man, but as he is a felon on the run Im not sure it would be advantageous to pursue him with a lawyer. It seems my car was just legally stolen from me. Got any ideas?

SoundEfx

Sorry for your loss and hardship due to lazy azzes who don't want to put in an honest days work.

If I were you, I would persue him anyway, even if it's to get your money back.

Small question though. If there was a lien on it, shouldn't that have come up at the dmv when you went to change over the title?
Also, if that is the case, don't you have 10 days to basically return it to the previous owner with no fault on yourself?

Far3nhe1t

Sorry for your loss and hardship due to lazy azzes who don't want to put in an honest days work.

If I were you, I would persue him anyway, even if it's to get your money back.

Small question though. If there was a lien on it, shouldn't that have come up at the dmv when you went to change over the title?
Also, if that is the case, don't you have 10 days to basically return it to the previous owner with no fault on yourself?
Well, he forged a signature saying the lien was relieved as well. What makes me mad is that the dmv let all of this paperwork pass and I had the car for 3.5 months before any of this took place. There is no fault on me, besides the fact that I lost the car and all the money I put into it.

vtecteggy617

Man this really sucks. I wish that guy falls into a pit and dies slowly. That's messed up.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
damn man...what a douche that guy is....Hope u can get her back man...or take him to small claims maybe?? idk