A great welcome home present...

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
SO! I got home from my trip to the east coast today (which was amazing btw) and first thing I wanted to do was drive my baby...

I jumped into her and tried to start, but nothing... Just cranked away. I thought maybe it needed a jump start, so I rolled it out into the street and pushed it down the hill trying to pop start it... again nothing

So, feeling defeated I had my mom come push the car back up to the house with our van, and parked it in the driveway where I tried a couple quick tests to see if I could figure out the culprit to my problem...

Grabbed a can of wd-40 and pulled off the intake tube and had my brother crank the car at WOT to see if she would stumble at all trying to start... Nothing, which meant most likely no spark.

Pulled out a plug wire and tried to get it to arc something over to ground and sure enough, there was no spark on any of the cylinders.

I ran inside to check and see how much a new distributor would run me... the local parts store said $350, online said $200, and my wallet says $2.63... I don't have any money to spend on this thing right now...

I called up my buddy and he came over to help me figure out for sure if it actually is the distributor. Popped the hood, and started looking around to see what we need to remove it when he pointed out something that I "should probably look at..."

I walked around to his side of the car to see this beautiful sight...

Something decided that it would make a home of my engine bay while we were on vacation, while managing to eat all but 4 wires in the main engine wire harness for me... we were able to find this down next to the wire harness... lol

He left me a walnut! How nice...

Soldering wires together so I could get my car to run again sucked, but at least I didn't have to spend $300 on a new distributor that wouldn't have fixed anything, right?

I also managed to get this cool burn from the soldering iron!!

That fucking hurt...

All and all, Rodent + Engine bay = 6 hours of Joy for me...! 3:30 in the morning, and I'm off to bed! Just thought I'd share my fun for the evening with you all... :)

goodnight!

RSunlimited

daily driven
dude that sucked.. sorry that happend to you... hey atleast you did not have to fork out $350 for a new distributor..

ltrain

damnnnn u should get that spray they use for training dogs that make everything taste bitter (to avoid messed up furniture and other things) to avoid another accident

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
He left me a walnut! How nice...
LOL You make me laugh, Shitface.

You should put some concentrated lavender oil on that burn, though. It works miracles and heals burns soooo quickly. If not, at least put some aloe vera on it. Looks gross.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Thats sucks, Soldering Iron Burn FTW, ive done that more than once

But thats what you get for comin through my state w.o stopping

TheOne1

OUCH, yea man than does suck, you must keep your car outside?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
G3GirL said:
You should put some concentrated lavender oil on that burn, though. It works miracles and heals burns soooo quickly. If not, at least put some aloe vera on it. Looks gross.
I may have to do that... lol, it doesn't hurt right now, but I'm sure it will later on. lol

Cheesepuff said:
Thats sucks, Soldering Iron Burn FTW, ive done that more than once

But thats what you get for comin through my state w.o stopping
lol, I've burnt myself plenty of times with a soldering Iron, but this one was full out stupid move on my part... lol, I leaned RIGHT onto it. trying to find the end of a differnet wire. Best one by far in my book. lol

I told you I was with my family! lol, I want to take my girl out there some time, so we'll stop by when that happens.

TheOne1 said:
OUCH, yea man than does suck, you must keep your car outside?
lol, have you seen my car...? Its nothing special...

I'm Trying

Damn that sucks!! Glad it only cost you alittle money and some time rather then 300.00 for a new distributor!