A New Artifact of Boredom

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Do you want a higher res shot of Dylans car.. it looks like your using a small jpg.
Photobucket is downsizing my images :( I set Ai up to export at 288 dpi so I have an image 4 times standard screen size. It's 2000 pixels across once I finished the process.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I've done 3d modeling myself. It's fairly simple to run a vector tracing on virtually any object in any photograph I place into the software. The problem is that I can't guarantee the dimensions are absolutely matched up and scaling of images can cause a distortion. If you can come up with some photographs of the car so the views match in size. I'd be happy to produce some vectors. What software do you use? I use Zanoza Modeler 2, Maya and TrueSpace 3.2.

Something like this would be helpful, but it looked like it's been placed on a scanner and isn't very helpful for the fact that it's not even straight in the image. A tripod and some device to check the angle of the photograph, as well as distance from the car itself seems like the only way to get consistent images.

Last edited:

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I am in college(well summer break now) for game design. I did programming all through high school so I know like 8 programming languages but I only know what theyve taught me at GMU so far in 3ds max. Ive heard its like Maya but not as temperamental. Kinda like after effects vs motion if you know 2d video fx software

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I did an FC RX7 for my final project in Maya class.
I wish I could do stuff like that. The main modeling classes GMU has are character modeling. People are not my thing lol I ended up doing one of the nurses from silent hill. It was pretty rough lol

I would much rather be doing cars and objects and guns and what not

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
No. I constructed it from NURBS. That was one of the parameters. But when it was done it was just a grey shell without an interior. The doors and the headlamps are separate. but that's all. I had a better run using ZModeler 2 and I still use it from time to time.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
Whats NURBS? I'm sorry but I am still REALLY a noob at modeling. I'm honestly thinking about switching majors because this 3d stuff is hard! I had seen it done and I had a lot of people tell me to give it a shot but it takes some serious talent!

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
Not really. The biggest limitation is sometimes the UI of some of these softwares. Like Blender...