A question about Gas

Zachc6464

Does any body else's gas go by very quickly for the first half tank?

I feel like mine goes by in like 2 days and I don't drive full throttle every time I see a green light.

I think I may need a tune up?

Sent from the German Kid's DC4

gsr_nikhil

LOL at the posts today. How vague is that man? How can we help if you give ZERO details. How about you drive until you feel like filling up (around where the gas light would come on) then fill up at the pump and reset your trip counter. Now drive until you need to fill up again and record the mileage and how many gallons your tank took and give us the numbers.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Does any body else's gas go by very quickly for the first half tank?

I feel like mine goes by in like 2 days and I don't drive full throttle every time I see a green light.

I think I may need a tune up?

Every resource is like that. People spend millions on stuff, when they go broke, they strech that last dollar. People drink ice cold cups of whatever, but when there aint nothing around, they take sips.

You may not be WOT at greens, but your foot probibly gets lighter as the guage goes down. I know when im all the way on full, ill even put on the a/c lol

gsr_nikhil

Like 150 on average. And about 260-280 miles before I fill up. Which is usually like 9.7-10 gallons or so

Last edited:

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Sounds kinda normal to me. Just get a tune up, sparks filters and maybe gaskets

Sent from my DC4

dlo253

I notice the first half tank from full lasts way longer than the last 1/2. And have heard many people say the same. When was the last time u did a tune up?

Nick_C78

I notice the first half tank from full lasts way longer than the last 1/2. And have heard many people say the same. When was the last time u did a tune up?
This. I get around 200 on the first half, but only about 130 on the second half. I get around 330 miles per tank, never taking it to the light. In fact I don't even know if my gas light works, I have never seen it on. Although I never run it to the E marker either. Car averages around 32-33 mpg according to my Miles/Gallons at fill up. And with my mod list I find that hilarious every time I calculate it.

drevans_satx

Dylan
This. I get around 200 on the first half, but only about 130 on the second half. I get around 330 miles per tank, never taking it to the light. In fact I don't even know if my gas light works, I have never seen it on. Although I never run it to the E marker either. Car averages around 32-33 mpg according to my Miles/Gallons at fill up. And with my mod list I find that hilarious every time I calculate it.
I get 26 mpg consistently :/ though all my driving is freeway at 70+ mph.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OLDSKOOLACURA

Opposite for me, the first half seem like it last and hour and the last a week

Posted from my build thread

Zachc6464

LOL at the posts today. How vague is that man? How can we help if you give ZERO details. How about you drive until you feel like filling up (around where the gas light would come on) then fill up at the pump and reset your trip counter. Now drive until you need to fill up again and record the mileage and how many gallons your tank took and give us the numbers.
What are you talking about? I'm asking for peoples views from their gas.. Read the first question again... People answered it perfectly

gsr_nikhil

What are you talking about? I'm asking for peoples views from their gas.. Read the first question again... People answered it perfectly

My b. Read it completely wrong. Excuse my foolishness. But damn 330 a tank before the light comes on is really good. If I stretched it I'd prolly get about 300 just before the light comes on. But that's if I don't hit vtec at all and that doesn't happen often lol.