a sweeet deal! ??

rosystreasures

1990 Integra GS 4dr
Hello All!

I am quite new here. Had 91 maroon coupe integra before but needed to sel it so I could move. She was SWEEETTT too.

Now, I have what I think could be a sweet deal: 92 white four door (LS I think), with moonroof and is an AT. (Unfortunately, I have issues with my left foot and should no longer drive a manual :( ) The integra has roughly 200K on it. It needs a head gasket. My GF and I can do that NP. Its only $500.

Its not perfect, it has a little bit of damage to the left front. (Yes, I will check for major damage in that area.)

What should I look out for?

What are the 2nd gens known for?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
faulty coil units in the distributor, Motor mounts, ignition switch... could be any number of things... if you buy this car do so understanding full well that you may drop 1-2k easily on bringing it back... possibly more than that with the HG blown. you have no idea how bad off the head is and whether it will require milling or not.

hey 500 bucks is cheap project car so there is that, I'd try to find out more about the damage you mention...

when it is all said and done you can get a descent running DA or DB LS,RS, or GS for around 2kthat may still need sme work, but at least be in running condition. If you are looking for a project then by all means resurrect it! if you are looking to flip it into a DD ASAP... probably want to pass on this..

rosystreasures

1990 Integra GS 4dr
prev owner said he takes it to a garage that specializes in acura/honda. they are the ones who said it needs a head gasket. i am well aware of the place, its actually down the street from my moms and is well known.

we have already decided to have the heads decked and cleaned.

i am well aware this will take sometime. my gf has a subaru for our DD atm. but, when done, this will be my DD.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
ok cool as long as you understand it is a project car then get er done!!! Love seeing others take pride in bringing back what I personally feel is to be the best model years this car had :)

newer tegs may have better motors, but they just ain't as sharp looking as the 2nd gens :)