About to buy a 95...questions

1slowhoe

Im about to pick up a 95 Integra with 181K miles. The front and rear bounce around real easy with a push of the hood or trunk. There is also a squeak in the front suspensionwhen turning. Present owner put new struts on all 4 corners about 14k miles ago when he did the timing belt and hoses etc…
He said the springs were not replaced so either they are 181k mile stock springs on new struts or the springs are aftermarket lowering springs that really suck. :???:

Questions:
Does it sound like it’s the springs or is there something else on these cars that can cause the bouncing?

Where do I get a good set of OEM ride height springs?

How hard are they to install? (I’m pretty mechanically inclined, just never worked on an Acura)

The car is for my 16 yr old daughter so I’m not looking to lower or soup it up.

Thanks in advance!:)

jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra. I suggest you wait it out and find a better pick for an integra. 1. That has a lot of mileage. 2. suspension is blown. 3. if you really want it get it, but the best kind of car you can buy is something you don't have to fix up to make it 'decent'.

- you can maybe find oem springs on craigslist/junkyard/acura dealership.
-get a helms/chilton manual for the integra
-good luck, stick around this forum and you could learn lots of valuable information :thumbs up.

99Integrags

I believe I have a set of oem springs that have about 75k miles on it lemme know if you need them?

1slowhoe

I'd be interested in picking up those springs just to see if that helps. Even if I don't buy it. It's a buddies car so I can fix that and he could sell it easier. He asking $1500. The car is in pretty good shape overall...just the suspension is sloppy and the sunroof doesn't slide open without hitting the roof but I can look into that later. Everything else works...is that a fair price?