About to buy. Is it a good deal?

rdubya

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I'm about to buy a 1993 Integra GS-R. It's the aqua marine one with a 5 speed. The vin checks out and the serial number is #745. It's got 86,000 miles, and is stock other than a new cat back and a short shifter. The only problems that I could see were cosmetic, such as the roof clear coat is fading. Other than that, it's in great shape. A/C works and everything. The guy is asking $3,000 for it, and to me, that seems pretty low. He's the second owner and has had it for 3 years. I was just wondering what you guys thought of that price. I know they are getting pretty scarce, especially in as good of shape as this one is in. Anyway, thanks for any help!

Ricky

Here's a link to a pic of it. It's small, but you can pretty much see what kind of shape it's in.
http://images.craigslist.org/3n23k53m15Y25Z55U4b1u4ea77c5019b010d7.jpg

lihob

yea its hard to find them with low miles i would try to bargin a bit but if all els fails 3grand is still pretty good

Cripton805

Yup. Not GOOD deal, but reasonable. Look for the B17 and check for rust, etc.

I love 1st gen GSR's especially that color

Alvi84

That'd be a steal where I'm from. Only 86k original miles on a B17?! That's a great find in my mind. The car has been averaging less than 5 thousand miles a year. That's babying the car to the fullest. I probably put 5k on my car every 6 months. I guess it all depends on the health of the motor too. You could take some tools and do a compression check. If the compression is good and it doesn't seem to leak or burn any oil. I'd be all over this.

01FTW

Don't buy that fuckin shit... at least not for that much.

AGP is the rarest color on that car, and its got really low miles for being a DB2. It's well worth it in the long run. Don't listen to the G3 guys who are basically clueless of DB2s.

rdubya

Thanks for all the responses. The guy was originally asking $4,000, and I talked him down to $3,000. KBB.com says it's worth $2,750, and those guys never take into account rarity. I walked the car, and the only rust is a tiny spot around the door latch on the passenger side door. Other than that, I saw none. Again, thanks for all the responses!

Ricky

Exige24

If I were looking for a teg to buy I'd be all over that. It looks nice even if a little work needs to be done to it. It's nearly 20 years old ffs. lol

Kinta94

check compression that's the biggest thing. from what I hear it seems to be a good car I would jump on it definitely try to talk him down some more if you can.