ABS control unit/ accumulator

slik92teg

does anyone know if can take off the abs control unit and all the harness for it and still have brakes, or will my brakes fail on me if i take that out, i dont care if i dont have abs any more but i just dont want my brakes to go out, also can i remove the accumulator, i bought the batter relocation kit from passwordjdm and its supposed to go where the accumulator is. :???:

Man A

homewreker
if brake fluid doesnt go to them then i would assume that you would be ok. your abs just wont work. go for the whole abs removal!!!!

slik92teg

ive been trying to find out more info on how you take the whole abs system out, just because mine hasnt worked since i bought the car but im still kinda confused on what i need to replace and what stays in, and also how to do it :???:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You need a brake proportioning valve from an Integra RS or Civic Si and 4 new brake lines. You will either have to get a RS brake master cylinder to get the stock lines to line up or custom route some brake lines

Man A

homewreker
your prolly have better luck looking for a LS. seem to be more common. same shit tho ls/rs as far as brakes. just go to the junk yard and pull the parts. proportioning valve and the front engine bay brake lines master cylinder and booster. then youll just have to make 2 custom 6" connections. all the crap under the battery and the resevoir toss it. there is also some wiring but thats no big deal. also if you remove the passenger rear interior panel there is a big control unit. the axles are also different. but you wont need to buy any.

Man A

homewreker
i have 2 LS and 1 GS. only GS and GSR had ABS. did you have an ls with ABS? was it LS special edition or maybe the original owner got it as an option. but if he did it would have been sold to em as a GS.:wak:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
My bad. I was still thinking G3 for some reason. It was 3:30am :hithead:

But yeah, the LS and RS don't have ABS on G2's. Only the GS and GS-R

Groundfx

I had Abs on my 91 GS, simply removed all the sensors at the wheels along with all the wiring to the computer. Then removed the pump assembly and formed new hard lines to the porportioning valve .