Abs Light, and Brakes acting a fool. HELP PLEASE its dangerous.

SleepWalker42o

Over the past few months my ABS light has been coming on and off. I heard the clicking sound that it makes when it's not working properly (when the light used to come on). I had heard that it's usually the first thing to go out and to just disconnect the fuse to disable it because replacing it just costs too much. Well it had not come on for some time, so I didn't worry about it. Recently, driving on the highway or in town I would tap my brakes and the ABS light would flashy; my stereo, dash lights would turn off and turn back on. Now that its snowing, when i pull up to a intersection and try to use my brakes it jerks as if the abs brakes wanted to enable multiple times. This is freakin dangerous, i almost curbed 2 times and slid into another car! WTF! I'm doing some loooking around for the fuse to disable the ABS sensors. Hopefully this gets me 25 miles to home. . .[ at the girlfriends house] SOMEBODY HELP MEE.

Shit even text me the answer or a suggestion! Im dying to know. Till then ill be looking around other websites n such.

630.999.8702 <-- Me, Mark.

THANK YOU

SleepWalker42o

anybody? blah i just pulled the abs main relay and the abs 1 and abs 2 fuses. meh. better than sliding everywhere. I would still like to get it repaired tho...

SleepWalker42o

lol thats what im doing right now. just gotta get used to the sliding.

phatintegra

Banned
Sounds like you have 2 issues ABS and electical issue (loose wire or shortage if the radio light flicker).

If the ABS light comes on without hitting the brakes most likley one of your ABS sensor is dirty or malfunction. Best thing is to do take it to a shop and have them test it.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It sounds like a wiring problem. Have you checked all the wires already? I had a similar problem with my ABS. After about a week, I disabled it and have been driving without ABS ever since. I like it much better, especially on the track.

JdMGsR96

Yea..Like i posted in one of my threads NO ABS on track is better. Today i got my first snowfall in my area pretty nasty roads and i dont have abs i found it easy to drive being careful of course...but if i were you i would keep the abs off....cheaper. Unless you want it repaired, thats up to you..