ABS light on!!!! help!

TypeR?

so i checked the code and its the ABS pump motor over run??? any one ever delt with this before? also my passenger side axel boot is broken also so i thought it could have been throwing grease on the wheel sensor and causing the light to come on?:dunno: but im replacing the axels this weekend anyway. should this possibly solve my problem??? thnks for your help

CortezBanks

I have the same problem and i looked into it. (the ABS light) and if you take it in it will be a huge bill but all it really is i found is an o-ring that needs to be replaced.Im not exactly sure on the location of the o ring i havent replaced mine but thats the problem most likely

jdm xiong

check the abs sensor to see if its dirty. if it is then take it off and clean it. also check your abs pump to see if you are low on fluid.

heykosal

Angkorian
My car threw that code. I heard it is very common in Hondas. The ABS control unit is programmed to set a Code 1 when it thinks that the pump has been running for more than 45 seconds, or the pressure switch does not close, or it the pressure in the ABS system is insufficient

Bottom line, check your ABS pump fluid and go from there.

heykosal

Angkorian
did you reset the ecu and check and see if its the same code?

DR.WA///M

cleaned sensors, replaced axels and topped off abs fluid, light is still on
I have heard of this issue on BMW's and the problem was simply a bad ABS sensor. However the ABS sensor would be on somedays and off other days.

kcombs

GS=goes slow
if it's not the wheel speed sensor, the abs pump/motor assy. will have to be replaced. the acura dealer that i worked for, we did 2 or 3 abs pumps on tegs. there not cheap, about $700.

db in md

if it's not the wheel speed sensor, the abs pump/motor assy. will have to be replaced. the acura dealer that i worked for, we did 2 or 3 abs pumps on tegs. there not cheap, about $700.
wow....you might be able to get a used unit from a junkyard and have it installed. GL

94DCTeg

Reppin Tha 701
yea my ABS light is on too, just too lazy to clean the sensor, for all i could care it can stay on, because i really hate ABS LOL, But GL with trying to fix it

bishopintegra

my abs light is on also and the ony reason i want it off is so when i put my ls vtec motor in this weekend the vtec will actually work since vtec shuts down if the car has a cEL or ABS light and im throwing both so i bought an Apexi vafc2 vtec controller so it will bypass having no speedo that i cant get to work i switched the vss an the gear in the tranny an clusters still nuttin an the CEl an abS will all get bypassed 4 now but id still like them gone somehow im out of ideas

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
my abs light is on also and the ony reason i want it off is so when i put my ls vtec motor in this weekend the vtec will actually work since vtec shuts down if the car has a cEL or ABS light and im throwing both so i bought an Apexi vafc2 vtec controller so it will bypass having no speedo that i cant get to work i switched the vss an the gear in the tranny an clusters still nuttin an the CEl an abS will all get bypassed 4 now but id still like them gone somehow im out of ideas
How long has the abs light been on? It might be worth a shot to change the brake fluid but I doubt that would be the problem