ABS light stays on solid, even when pulling codes?

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
ABS light came on earlier in the week, just pulled codes:

14, 16, 17.

Reset, started car, soon as I turned my lights on ABS light comes on again.

Pulled codes:

17, 171?

Ever since, regardless of jumpering the diagnostic connector, resetting the system, anything, ABS light will not blink, self-test, anything. It's just on solid. What the heck?

95ls-gsr swap

i have an abs light... when i start the car its not on, until like 30 seconds, then it stays on, also when i hold down my brake pedal, like at a red light on an incline, it loses pressure the longer you hold it.... anyone got and ideas?

Toshi

i have an abs light... when i start the car its not on, until like 30 seconds, then it stays on, also when i hold down my brake pedal, like at a red light on an incline, it loses pressure the longer you hold it.... anyone got and ideas?
Master cylinder is leaking that's why your pedal is fading. Abs is a different issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Got it. Was able to reset again, code came back, repeated code 17 end over end. No idea what the hell happened.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
typically when the ABS light comes on its because your reservoir on your abs module is low, or there is a problem with a sensor at the wheel. If you dont have a leak, and you can confirm that your booster is holding vac, then its likely you have air in the lines and or the abs module.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
typically when the ABS light comes on its because your reservoir on your abs module is low, or there is a problem with a sensor at the wheel. If you dont have a leak, and you can confirm that your booster is holding vac, then its likely you have air in the lines and or the abs module.
I get that, I was just confused when the light totally whacked out on me. Like, I had the diagnostic plug jumpered, stayed on solid. Tried resetting it, didn't do a damn thing. Drive home, try again, worked just fine. I guess it just had a conniption fit.