ABS light...

cdkee

So....

I have a '95 LS. I've had it since July, everything has been cool. Yesterday California had a storm, (which is the only significant thing I can think of), and now when I turn on the car everything is fine, but after like 30 seconds- 1 minute of driving the ABS light comes on. The manual tells me to see a dealer (of course), but I want to know what you guys think could be the deal. Is the ABS not working? Anything to check? I've heard of sensors by the wheels or something, stuff like that.

Thanks, all help is appreciated.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
clean all the sensors and check the relay

also the abs motor could be bad...that rarely happens thought but its possible

4drs=morewhores

Master-D-B-ate
if you jump the diagnostic connector thats on the passanger side under the glove box by using a piece of wire then turn your key in the ignition the light will blink and throw a code for whats wrong.

cdkee

Can I just use a paperclip to jump the diagnostic connector? I'm gonna try this tomorrow.

cdkee

Okay...so I was driving back from college today and the light was off...and stayed off. IDK what the hell happened, we had that storm on Tuesday when it went on, so maybe it was disrupted by that or something?

So I guess I'm good now.

teggy604

same thing as for my my abs lights was on too. i had this problem before and i had replace my abs module then my abs light doesnt come on. after a while when the car is being start and shut like when you go the gas station it will be on.. so with my tegg the case would be driving a car then once i shut it off leave the car for a while like go grocerry or go to the mall so when i start the car again it wont show the abs lights.. well it will comes on but after a few second it supposed to turn off the abs light on the dashboard..

.Cortez

94' LS
If you search you'll find multipul threads on this, as one of them is myin :). I ended up just unpluging it after I was told there were air bubbles in my ABS lines due to the system thingey (idk what its called) Being bad, and I don't have the money right now to fix it.

spyk3

heres how to fix your abs issue, the used car lot way

Step 1. Remove Insturment Cluster.
Step 2. Remove ABS Bulb
Step 3. Reinstall Insturment Cluster.

lol jk, get it check by someone with an advance dig. scanner, i have a solus scanner by snap on, quiet expensive...but it can check abs/airbag/trouble codes etc. 9 times out of 10 an abs light indicates a bad relay, dirty wheel sensors/bad wheel sensor or a broke wire/short wire. a scanner will pinpoint your problem.

khurley424

i have a similar problem with my car. the light is on and i know for a fact the abs dosent work (tried it in the snow last year). so how exactly would i go about cleaning the sensors/checking the relays?