ABS making noise

sleepybrown

So ive been riding around with the abs light for the past 5 months. Well today while replacing headlight bulb buckets and other stuff noticed a part of the module was disconnected. So went and plugged it up. When i cut the car on, a noise like a electronic motor is trying to cut on but cant happens and the abs light goes off. But as i take off then hit the brakes, noise stops and abs light comes on. So im wondering if maybe its a relay thats bad cause im hoping since its a bit cheaper to replace than the abs motor.

Squigget

my car i think makes this noise to... it makes it almost every time i start up the car.. and it sounds like its coming from the ABS but i haven't been able to figure out what it is either, its annoying.

sleepybrown

yes and if you dont pump the brakes the abs light stays off but as you pump the brakes it comes on after that noise is done. and it feels like the rear brakes which are the abs brakes quit grabbing

Squigget

oh i dont notice any of that. all i know is when i start up the car every morning there's no ABS light but it does make that noise every time i start the car no matter what. Later in the day the ABS light will stay on for me the whole time while driving. I asked my mechanic about it he said its common in all older hondas/acuras its not a big deal.
but if its actually affecting your brakes then i dont know whats wrong with it..

hgocasca

level 77 troll
your abs motor is going bad according to the dealership, i had the same issue with my 91gs, pull the fuse for your abs, not the one under the dash by your feet cuz that'll stop your lights or something, i believe its the one under your hood, correct me if i'm wrong. you won't have abs anymore, but who needs it anyway, it'll stop the noise, your abs light will be on all the time though

y0bam

Wreck-less
The fluid in the accumulator? Could you elaborate? My ABS makes a low tone squeak noise when it starts up, generally don't hear it other than at start up. It doesn't really bother me, I generally don't panic when I lose traction in the tires, just a light let off of the gas and I'm good. I believe technology is a crutch ;)