abs wiring/ relays

slik92teg

right now im working on a wire tuck, my question is can i remove all the wiring for the abs in the engine bay like those pink connectors and the black little square things i think those are the abs relays with out having my brakes fail on me, i already took out the control unit in the back and all the wiring under the carpet and stuff

TurboGSR96

Sippin Corn Whiskey
how did this work out for you? I removed all my wiring over the winter, including the fail safe relays and all the orange connectors and the whole rear harness. Any now I am having huge problems with the ECU, the car is running in full limp mode and I think it has to do with the ABS removal.

slik92teg

oh shit... i dont know, i mean i dove it for a little after i took the inside harness out, but im working or a wire tuck and i havent driven it since i started it so i dont know.

TurboGSR96

Sippin Corn Whiskey
I figured it out, it wasnt the ABS.... I was usign an AEM IAT Sensor wired into one of my 5v inputs on my ECU and it is not compatible with my ECU and was grounding out the 5v input.

99situner

I took out all the pink connectors on mine, as well as every other engine wire that was associated with the ABS parts. As for the 'black square things' I lost one of them that was for either AC or something wtih ABS (i duno what each of them is for) the other 2 I tucked. Also took out the computer and everything inside, no lights no problems so far!