AC Condensor Fan

mirrorimg

Does removing the fan have an effect on the temperature of the A/C? I removed mine when I rebuilt the motor, and never reinstalled one when I put my aluminum radiator in. Would this prevent me from having some ice cold air at a stop? I would assume when the car is moving at speed it wouldnt matter.

Or is the fan more for keeping air moving through the radiator?

wite2nr

I think the only difference would be that the air might not be as cold at a stop.

Just buy a slimfan and mount it in the front of the condenser, then switch the fan wiring so that its pushing air into the engine bay, not pulling hot air from the engine bay. You still keep the benefits of a fan without cluttering your engine bay.

Afireinside

Not having the fan will do exactly whats happening to you right now.At idle or slow traffic the condensor can not exchange the heat as rapidly as it needs hence the warm air out your vents.
If you plan on using the a/c i would install another fan.
Good luck

mirrorimg

I have a second slim fan that came with the radiator. The slim fan zip ties sick though, and I find myself replacing them often. This isnt any fun when you need to lift the radiator up and away from the condenser radiator to get them in. I also still have the plug, so no wiring a switch to turn it on needed, all I will simply need to do is attach the plug to the fan and plug it in.

I figured it was the issue. but wanted to get another opinion before I stuck it in, or looked for a method to mount the fan more securely.