Ac delete

ssbp dc2

Getting ready to do an Ac delete. My friend says that's why all ricers do. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i deleted mine. its a track car/weekend car/i barely drive it car. Its up to you but if its a daily driver or you drive it a lot keep it.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Getting ready to do an Ac delete. My friend says that's why all ricers do. What do you guys think?

If it's a track car then it's fine. If it's a street car/DD there's no point. Only performance benefits is the weight you lose from removing the items. The ONLY time it's causing parasitic lose is when the a/c is turned on.

And yes most ricers do this to there street cars......and there still slow

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
I did this to my car, and its a DD. I did it because the weather where I live never really gets hot enough so you need to use a/c, the a/c in the car never worked, the engine/transmission and dashboard were out of the car for a swap, I use an aftermarket radiator so the a/c condenser fan has no mounting points, and some a/c components were damaged in an accident before the swap. The cost outweighed the reward for me, it would have been too much time and money to get it running than I was willing to put into it.

ssbp dc2

It has not worked since I've owned it. I'm gonna scrap it when I change my radiator.

ssbp dc2

If I get rid Can I run a half sized radiator? Or still need a full sized one.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
It has not worked since I've owned it. I'm gonna scrap it when I change my radiator.
To do it completely, you will need to take out all the parts in the front, all the lines, the collector by the washer fluid tank, and the core behind the dashboard (dashboard needs to be removed to take it out). You will also need something to cover up the holes in the firewall. I just used some metal foil tape and taped over the holes on both sides of the firewall, it does not look too bad but there are rubber plugs made for the holes.

If I get rid Can I run a half sized radiator? Or still need a full sized one.
You could run a half sized rad but it would be pointless without a turbo. I believe the half size rad is only used on turbocharged Integras due to size constraints. I would recommend just getting a full sized rad. If you do get a half rad, make sure it is at least a dual core.

ssbp dc2

Thanks man. You know of a good write up. Hard to search for stuff on here through tapatalk.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Honestly you dont need a write up.
just look at what is connected to what and follow the lines and just take them out. its super easy. i left my condensor in so rocks dont come and hit my radiator.

j13

Keep It Clean
I guess people have never heard of Eco modders. There are a group of people who modify there car in a way the it saves fuel. They delete the a/c because using it makes the engine work harder lowering gas mileage. And the weight of it alone will show a little improvement in gas mileage. if you don't want it, take it out. By the way, ricers paint there car 2 tone and use racing stripes with neon colored paint graphics, body kits with 19" chrome rims and huge muffler tips. That's rice, ricers don't know how to even work on the car under the hood.

ssbp dc2

To do it completely, you will need to take out all the parts in the front, all the lines, the collector by the washer fluid tank, and the core behind the dashboard (dashboard needs to be removed to take it out). You will also need something to cover up the holes in the firewall. I just used some metal foil tape and taped over the holes on both sides of the firewall, it does not look too bad but there are rubber plugs made for the holes.

You could run a half sized rad but it would be pointless without a turbo. I believe the half size rad is only used on turbocharged Integras due to size constraints. I would recommend just getting a full sized rad. If you do get a half rad, make sure it is at least a dual core.
Where do I buys these plugs?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Interesting. I never thought of that. Thanks for bumping this. I'll keep that in mind just in case I delete my a/c.