AC idler Pulley

Oreoboi

Does any who the easiest way to change it out? like wat need to be removed....
Any advice would help,Thanks!

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
It bolts on to The ac bracket. So you can unbolt it and replace it. But is there anything wrong with yours?

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
yea, u can hear the bearings when i press the gas, slight rattling noise
Have you checked the bolt that holds the arm on. I was having that problem and next thing I knew the bolt had come out and I was fishing out of the belt mess. Lol. But if the bearing is for sure bad then you can try and find another pulley and arm or just replace the actual pulley. I've never seen just the pulley by themselves for sale.

mjones73

The puller just bolts to the arm, loosen the tensioner bolt to back the arm off, slip the belt off, undo the bolt holding the pulley on, bolt on a new pulley, put the belt back on, re-tension it. It's cramped down there though so expect to curse at it a few times. :)

You can remove the arm and replace the pulley with it out of the car, it's a bitch getting your hands down in there and getting that bolt back in. You'll need something to clamp the arm in to hold it still while you're removing and reinserting the pulley bolt.

You can get an OEM one for about $40 online.

pinkley

b@115D33p
Not trying to thread jack but when I got my car the whole thing was gone, pulley and bracket. Haven't been able to find the bracket anywhere. Any ideas there? 0r a link that could help me . I've searched and searched but just gave up.

njhustler

I had to do mine recently as well. It was making a horrible grinding noise as the bearings went bad. I wound up cutting the belt off until my parts arrived. It took about an hour start to finish. Its not too bad just kinda tight as mentioned earlier. I have big hands that get in the way lol.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Not trying to thread jack but when I got my car the whole thing was gone, pulley and bracket. Haven't been able to find the bracket anywhere. Any ideas there? 0r a link that could help me . I've searched and searched but just gave up.
I have a bracket man.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
the bearings in the one i had went bad, it was not a rattle but it sounded like a metal on metal grinding which changed with the speed of the engine

mjones73

Either find someone selling one used (craigslist, ebay, etc) or here as AcurInteg96 pointed out or get one new from the dealer. I'd replace the pulley if you get a used one while you have it out.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I just changed mine and it wasn't difficult at all. Sucks that you have to drop the front lower mount to get the belt around it. Have fun removing the pulley from the bracket. My table vice is broken, so I bolted the bracket to the power steering mount and then hit the hex with an impact. I only have a five pointed hex in that size though, so it stripped it a bit. It will hold another 170k miles though... at which time I'll get a new hex bolt.

Unbolt the power steering pump but don't disconnect the hoses. Pull it out of the way. Loosen the 7mm tensioner. Remove driver side wheel. Drop the splash guard. Remove the two 14mm for the front lower mount. Then remove the three bolts from the driver's side engine mount. Pull the PS and AC belts off. Now you can remove the bracket.

You could probably do it without removing the belts but you might as well replace them.