AC leaking, anyone have similar experience??

killjoy

So before I rip apart the entire dash in my new (to me) '95 GSR, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen something similar in their Integra.

When I take a right corner with any speed, cold water GUSHES out and soaks my drivers pedal foot, its like a waterfall.. its coming out of the drivers feet vent - obviously I have a leak somewhere further up the AC system or something. I wondering if any of you have any experience with this? or maybe its some common potential problem with integra's??!

Also, this hose right here (see pic), the previous owner had zip tied up and off of where its suppose to be... what is this? why would he have done this?

It looks to me as if this hose was suppose to be connected to that nipple in the background (down lower) that it would fit on perfectly - is that where its suppose to be?

Any suggestions are welcomed. I'd love to get my Teg running and working right (I also have the bumping idle issue, but I'll be cleaning the IACV and FITV soon)..

mirrorimg

You will quickly notice that more questions get answered on weekdays and non-holidays. Traffic dies down considerably on weekends.

The AC drain may be plugged, it funnels out the condensation and lets it drip outside of the car.

That little plastic box with a open tube sticking out is the heater control valve. I assume the previous owner plugged the opposite hose and strung that one up. Its a heater hose, so coolant flows through it. I assume you dont have hot air right now.

#15 is the drain hose, and it comes out of the firewall.

Last edited:

killjoy

thanks so much mirror, and yes, I have no heat. Ill be checking some things out next time I work on the car.

Prozon

Kris
Chances are if the heater core is unhooked, it's probably bad. It probably started leaking which is why it was unhooked.