AC mystery

!v@n

I picked up a 94 GSR today... the weird thing to me is that it has an AC button that turns on, on the dashboard, but does not blow cold air. I checked under the hood and noticed no ac coolant lines or ac compressor attached to the engine. I thought all GSR's came with AC? if the previous owner removed it how hard would it be to put it back in?

I know the car is a GSR because the VIN has DC2 in it and the motor is a b18c1

!v@n

Thanks... that's what i thought. I have all the lines and condensor on another gsr shell i have i think i would just need to buy the compressor

!v@n

Can anyone post some pics for me of how the lines are run in the engine compartment? Will I have to take the dash out to connect the coolant lines?

MrGurley

************5-0
ill get some pics in the am when the sun comes out

j13

Keep It Clean
when you buy everything, take it to a pro to seal it up, pressurize it, and add the refrigerant

!v@n

yeah that's what I was thinking about doing. Im gonna install whatever I can and replace all the orings on the fittings, then take it to my uncle that does AC work and have him pressure test it then fill it up

!v@n

I got all the parts out of the gsr shell and will be installing them in my running gsr this weekend, I think the only things I need to buy are the fan for the condenser and the ac compressor... the only thing i cant figure out is how the condenser mounts, i know it fits in two holes on the bottom but im not sure what attaches it on top...

can anyone show me how this goes? I looked through the haynes manual but i can't figure it out. It wasn't attached on the shell it was just hanging there

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
SUPRISE!!!!!! i have an ac compressor that i just took out of mine...the car was in a bad wreck and the entire ac system was garbage, except the compressor, so i took that off to cut on the weight. the car had the ac tension pully missing so i am not sure if it works or not

if your interested in it PM me and we can work something out

also on top of the radiatior there will be a black piece that has a drop of about an inch from the top of the rad down to where the condenser is and holds it in place, its not the easiest to describe and ill try and get a pic of it on my not wrecked teg tomorrow

dariel89

My teg have everything for the ac too, but the condensor is not install, also would i have to replace all the o rings on the lines or just the onea that are disconnected

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk