acceleration / hesitation issue

tmaz99

Hey guys, so ive posted about this issue in the past and still have not been able to figure it out. I have an 01 gsr with intake, throttle body, and manifold and exhaust system as the only real changes. For the past year ive been having trouble accelrating from a stop and when trying to accelerate at high speeds. The car seems to hesitate and then slowly accelerate when i start from a stop, gets louder but doesnt move much. Then Ill also have even more trouble when ac is on or when i get near vtec. Ive tries replacing the ignition wires and plugs and also a new fuel filter. I forgot to mention there is also a bad fuel smell that i get when the issue kicks in an when the ac is on it blows into the car. If anyone know whats goin on please help :(

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
My LS randomly just started doing this as well... It will rev all the way up but have no power. Could it have slipped timing? Sorry for thread jacking but no point on making a new thread.

Sent from my phone.

Ganyon

Try tightening the throttle cable? I dunno other than that.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Things to check. Smell fuel? Possible fuel leak. Hesitation is most often ignition. Check/replace cap and rotor. Bad ignition means unburnt fuel.

tmaz99

okay thanks im gonna look into fuel leak cause i thought i noticed a leak the other day

tmaz99

does a small leak below the fuel cap affect the hesitation? thats where i thought i saw a leak cause gas was on the ground near the pump when i was done

tmaz99

I forgot to mention that this happens on and off. Doesnt usually start up until i drive for 10 min and it will randomly fix itself only for a minute or two...kinda weird thats why no one near me has been able to figure it out

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Hesitation may occur from a leak that affects the fuel entering/being delivered to the chamber for combustion or failing to deliver, not from a leak elsewhere. Inspect your cap and rotor first (or just replace them both if you cant tell on your own and its been over the maintenance period).

Nick_C78

Have you checked your timing? What degrees is it at? Also theres the basic tune up stuff that everyone else is stating. Cap, Rotor, Proper Plugs, Plug wires, fuel filter, dirty injector filters, Clogged cat, etc.

tmaz99

hey guys, so i replaced the ignition cables, plugs, and distributor. It got a little better as far as hesitation goes but it still wont accelerate well at all. It gets loud but doesnt speed up with the loudness (gets kinda embarassing when im being passed on all sides but still super loud...). The vtec also bogs down rather than speed up the car. Does this mean theres a more serious issue, maybe related to my hydrolocking situation a while ago? or somethin else?

rivman05

I would assume that all your gaskets/seals, and vaccum lines are fine also torques properly? Fuel leak somewhere it sounds like