Accident: Can anyone take a look and give me a clue?

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Morning,

I rear ended a lady this morning and the front of my integra is pushed in a little.
Has anyone ever had to repair this themselves before and if so, how much did it cost?
I only have liability so the insurance won't cover my damage.

From what I can see, the front support metal holding up the lights, bumper, radiator, hood latch, etc got pushed in along with the hood and side marker lights.

I can't figure out how to pull that metal support back out and into it's former placement. I can replace the hood myself granted I can find one in the junkyard and I can do the HID bulbs again (Headlight housings are intact). But with that support beam bent everything is off-kilter...

Here are the pics...

Any information, suggestions, advice or help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

:cry::oops:
Dm of mD

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
well, you might want to take off the bumper and see what it looks like under there and maybe post up some pics of that so we can really see the damage.. Note, if you take off the bumper and stuff, you might not be able to put it back on. Most likely i think you have some core support damage...but pics would help..

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Thank you!
I sent the pics to a body shop and got this back...

Mr. DM,
It appears that the upper tie bar (this is the upper support bar that the hood closes in to) needs to be replaced. We may be able to pull it out to at least get the hood to operate easier. However, the only way to get the front fixed properly is to replace it. If you would like to stop in, we can take a closer look and make sure nothing else needs to be done. We are here Monday-Friday 8am to 5:30pm. You can stop in at your convenience or email me and let me know what works for you. Thanks again.

Does anyone know about how much that costs?
I'm taking the car in to them later today so they can give me a dollar estimate and have a visual look at it instead of pics.

=\
Dm of mD

jdmfreak420

depends on if they have to replace something or just pull it out it

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I say its gonna be expensive. The upper support bar will probably have to be taken out and welded again. I would say at least 600 dollars to fix it and it will be at most 1000 dollars.

gugiey

Thank you!
I sent the pics to a body shop and got this back...

Does anyone know about how much that costs?
I'm taking the car in to them later today so they can give me a dollar estimate and have a visual look at it instead of pics.

=\
Dm of mD
I currently have my civic at my body shop there repairing my rad support .
there only charging me 200 cause I know them and I prepped it my self .

from the looks of it . you might not need to take it to a shop .

I'f you wanna save money and don't care I'f it's perfect I would remove you bumper and lights and see what damage I's done to the re- bar. then I'f it's not to bad you could get s couple chains . find a big tree or large pole and pull that shit out your self .

from what I can tell . it looks like your re-bar wasn't damaged . it looks mostly to be your rad support . which you can replace or pull out like I said .

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
yeah, if you can do it yourself, its way cheaper. Pull your bumper and post some pics of what it looks like. good luck with the fix.

osiris19

If you wanna be safe, buy a radiator support or core support, whatever it is, which you can get for like $2-300, then drill out the spot welds, rip it off put the new one in, clamp it, weld or have someone weld it back in place.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Detman101

Da9 newbie
If you wanna be safe, buy a radiator support or core support, whatever it is, which you can get for like $2-300, then drill out the spot welds, rip it off put the new one in, clamp it, weld or have someone weld it back in place.
/QUOTE]

I don't have drill bits that can drill through welds, I don't have a welder and I don't know anyoen that can weld.
Could I just bolt it together with bolts and locking nuts?

Well, I am going to take the bumper and lights off (when I have the money to get this fixed) and then drive it to a local shop to see if they can fix it for under $500.SOmeplace has to be able to fix this car for less than a damn grand. If I have to sink another grand into this damnable car they better replace/fix every damn thing that's wrong with the front end...to include the hood and bumper.

Til then, it sits in the parking lot. If I find another car by the time I get my bonus I'll just sell this piece of shit. The engine and tranny are in great shape, I should be able to get my initial $1000 back that I paid for it if I sell it based on those.

Man I wish I had friends.

Dm of mD

Last edited:

TeG ReX

as too how much they will charge depends on the shop, if the put down every R&I (remove and install
) you will be looking at a pretty big bill hope this helps and Good Luck :)

phinattic

You did a number on that one, if you cant fix it yourself you might be in trouble because it will cost to get it fixed. good luck with it, I hope you find a way to get it done.