acclude's 96 RS Build

acclude

cheap bastard
Moar Pixors!!!

Of course it's not officially a car building thread until there's a pic of my retarded skinny ass under the hood so here it is:

And this is pretty much what I got done this weekend.......

Got her ready to go in:

And she's in! woo hoo!

Got the battery relocation done. THIS BATTERY IS NOT GOOD AND WILL NOT BE USED. I just used it as a mock-up for now. I got a FULL SIZE 800CCA Optima Red Top on the way:

Also, went ahead and finished up the wire tuck and pretty much all the wiring I need to do. The only things left are adding and changing a few wires at the ECU harness which I will do when the ECU is ready to go in.

Here's the factory engine harness:

Here it is after I mutilated it and started to lay it out how I need it to be:

Here it is in the bay so I can get proper lengths and stuff:

And here's the start of modding it to suit my needs. This is what goes through the firewall:

And here's the finished product. Looks like factory wiring to me ;)

Here's th underhood fuse box, FI resistor pack, and radiator fan relay in their new spots all wired and ready to go:

Got the axles, suspension and all that mess back together:

Also got the block girdle and ARP main cap studs installed. To do it by the books, I should have done this before the motor went and I should have had the main caps/bearing line honed. I didn't have the patience or money to do that, so I just used a torque wrench to see how much pressure it took to get the rotating assembly to spin before and after and compared the two numbers to see if the studs put any additional strain on the crank/bearings. It checked out as OK so I'm just gonna leave it as is. If I shred bearings down the road, I'll know what it's from.

I got the gas tank, exhaust and everything underneath back up:

And I spent some time going through every part that is left over at this point. Out of what's left, This is the NOT GOING BACK IN/ON THE CAR PILE:

This is the GOING BACK INSIDE THE CAR PILE:

This is the GOING BACK ON THE CAR AND UNDER THE HOOD PILE:

And this is just a random beatuiful picture :)

Don't let these pics fool you, I STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO UNTIL SHE'S READY TO DRIVE AGAIN!!!!

I'm down to the "nickel and dime you to death" parts until I can start her up and take her for a drive. Here's a list of what I need. If you have any of this stuff and will sell it to me for cheap PM me ;)

Cam Seals
Valve Cover Gasket
Head Gasket
Spark Plugs
Distributor
External Coil Cap
10k RPM MSD rev-limit chip
Ground wires for engine
Oil (Royal Purple)
Coolant
Brake Fluid
Wiper Arms and new blades
Headlight bulbs
Turn signal bulbs
Gas (93)
Fuel Filter
Breather Filter (2 needed)
A few random hoses
Connector for VTEC Oil Line
Radiator lower rubber mounts
Fuel Injector Seals
Header Paint
Rear Brake Calipers
Rear Brake Rotors
Caliper Paint
TPS Sensor
Narrowband O2 sensor
Optima Red Top battery (ordered and on the way)
Intake Manifold Bolts for connecting the upper/lower together and nuts for holding to the head
Throttle Cable Bracket
Clips for ront and rear bumpers (I have the bolts, just need clips or may ziptie for now)
Spare tire and jack (needed for inspections on base)

Add that up and you can see how it would easily come to $1k or so. To be honest I've dropped a lot of money into this thing and other bills so I'm pretty much broke right now. This thing is gonna be at a stop until I save up a little bit of cash :(

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard
that shiiiiet looks nice.
Q? Is there any reason to remove the dash board ? other than to move the fuse box there? or makes things easier ? or ?
I dont think i'd be too afraid of wiring, extending and so on... more scared of my dassh board not going on right or being sloppy.... man. I think I will somehow put some work on my engine bay during the winter. (screw it canopy + space heater)
This thread = ******THUMBS UP******
Wow, I missed your post and just now saw it! I actually had the car almost stripped down to a bare frame minus the seats, carpet and a few small interior pieces. The dash was just one of those things that got removed during the strip down process. I had plans to do a frame-up race car project, but things change and I needed to put her back on the road. But, if I was doing it from scratch with everything still intact I would have had to pull it anyways to remove all the heat, A/C, and vents, some of the wiring and other random stuff. I also had to get it out of the way to remove that 8 million pounds of sound deadening material that sits on the firewall. With it out of the way, it does make the work insisde so much easier. And, it will bolt back up just fine and be straight....not sloppy. It only fits one way and when you have it lined up right it just kinda "falls into place" exactly as it needs to be. Pretty easy and straightforward. Don't be scared!

acclude

cheap bastard
hahaha that's great man! Gave me the laugh of the day on that one ;)

dc2b18

Wait... What?
Good work. Take out a loan so you can continue.

mirrorimg

Your trash pile... the stuff that isnt going back in... I see a ls motor... You give it to me, and I pay shipping? :D

.Cortez

94' LS
Haha, yes why not sell your trash pile!?

Also man, this car looks great, im quite interested to what its going to be worth when your done, after the engine bay is done, are you touching anything else?

acclude

cheap bastard
Good work. Take out a loan so you can continue.
I'm parting out the LS motor and other items to help fund it at this point. Work will continue.

Your trash pile... the stuff that isnt going back in... I see a ls motor... You give it to me, and I pay shipping? :D
It's not really a trash pile, just stuff I'm not using. As for the motor, it's got about $4k in parts dropped into it and another $2k in machine shop work. I won't be giving it to anyone! I'm parting it out if you want anything off of it though?!?!?

Haha, yes why not sell your trash pile!?

Also man, this car looks great, im quite interested to what its going to be worth when your done, after the engine bay is done, are you touching anything else?
I am selling stuff out of the pile. The whole car is gonna get re-done, but for now I just wanted to get the engine bay under control and get the thing on the road.

how much for the exhaust? and just to make sure, is it a full exhaust? lol
Exhaust what??? It's not for sale???

wow. nice work dude!
Thank you :)

engine bay looks mighty clean! awesomeness!!
Thanks! It's pretty much turning out how I was expecting.