Acura Integra Transmission Question (Auto)

Intregity

I bought a 94 integra from a bud of mine some time ago, and it always had the same problem and I'm wondering if it is an ECU issue or a problem with the transmission. First things first is the engine and transmission have been replaced. The engine is a B20 from a CRV and the transmission is a 98 integra automatic. Now the issue i have is at low speeds the engine will sometimes rev to around 2000 rpm to change into second gear, this is when feathering the throttle, if i step on the gas in any firm fashion it doesn't do so. I don't have problems in any other gear. Since I've had the car it has been doing that and I've driven 15k miles on it. Could it be that the ecu isn't talking to the transmission properly (since it wasn't tuned), and since the crv was heavier that it would require a higher shift point (I don't know what I'm talking about in all honestly, but just a suggestion), if anyone would like to suggest what the problem is. I'll be receptive. I mean I only paid 1100 for the car and it has given me 15k of trouble free miles so if you think it is dying I might as well sell it AS-IS now you know? Thanks.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm not sure I understand either. Are you saying when starting off easy it will rev to 2000rpms in first and then shift to second? If so that seems normal, the ecu will always use first gear to start off.

SoundEfx

2K rpm is a good shift point for shifting from 1st gear to 2nd.

Now if it simply 'drops' into gear and all the others are smooth, then something 'might' be wrong.

Ganyon

My integra does the same thing. If you take off easy it'll shift at 2k. Take off a little harder and it'll shift at 2500, 3k, 3500, or 4k rpms. Depends on how heavy you are on the pedal.