acura integra UPPER BALL JOINTS?

lilsmacko

hello i own a 1998 acura integra ls automatic. today my front left upper ball joint snapped. i was told by a mechanic that it happens a lot to acura's and honda cars. he quoted me $125.00 for the ball joint and $50 labor. i kept checking online for just the left side upper ball joint. i can't find the pricing that they gave me.

am i getting ripped off here? has anyone had a mechanic switch out just 1 upper ball joint in the front and how much did it cost u?

thank u.

Murphy

Meat Master
Yeah he's ripping you off big time. You should be able to get a ball joint for around $30 on Amazon or an auto parts store. It's definitely a job you can do yourself easy.

aredbb2

Quote on labor is a fair price. If you can order the part yourself and have him install it, I'd go that route.

Doubt he is actually going to change out the actual ball joint but instead replace the entire arm assembly with a new one which has a ball joint pressed in. It'd actually be more effort to replace just the ball joint and no clear advantage from doing so.

You can get a quality front upper control arm for $60 or less on ebay.

Also, if you're left side is shot, chances are your right side isn't too far behind from going bad. Might want to inspect the right side if you haven't and maybe order both sides instead of one.