Acura NSX prototype engulfed in flames at at Nürburgring track

Excitable Kid

The Acura NSX prototype burned to a crisp on Thursday, and we all saw at first was photography of the aftermath. Now we have fresh shots, sourced from a trackside witness. While we don't know what lit up Honda's next-gen supercar, spectators report that two explosions were heard as the conflagration went on, probably owing to the pair of batteries that reside in the new NSX.

More photos and source

94RS

No fucks given.
Not like they were gonna make the fucking thing anyway.... That like the 4th or 5th different concept/prototype?

jbrown97ls

I'm pretty positive that it will go into production. Style wise, it's kind of meh, but I like the engineering behind it.

themiller13

Various Supercars burn down and nobody bats an eyelash. One Acura burns down and the entire community loses their mind. I love it.

speedin

The Transporter
Not like they were gonna make the f***ing thing anyway.... That like the 4th or 5th different concept/prototype?
Its already been confirmed for production, they built the factory. And more prototypes just mean its a better car because there is more time to work on it :D

Batteries.... They f***ing ruined it.
I beg to differ ;)

Various Supercars burn down and nobody bats an eyelash. One Acura burns down and the entire community loses their mind. I love it.
This! 458, R8, 911T, Mclaren, Gallardo, all have burnt to the ground on The Ring. It just means that they have pushed to the limit of engineering, which is exactly what a supercar is supposed to be.

speedin

The Transporter
i love this car. I'm going to be different and say I love the fact it's a hybrid.
It makes it such a better car. The electric vectoring from the SH-AWD is a big advancement, and it will show. Not to mention there are alot of companies working on these now, Audi E-Tron, Merc SLS, and there are rumors of a hybrid 911 coming soon. This is where things are headed.

It's too futuristic looking.
Guess its all preference, I love the mean/futuristic look.

Last edited: