Acura's Direction

rockadilla

thats right.
SOOOO searching around the web for info on when/how Acura will redesign the new TL and came across this http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838904

this was posted on the 4th page of the thread http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111212/CARNEWS/111219999#ixzz1gLFRvPzS

So it appears Acura is NOT making a 2-door car anytime soon-if ever. somewhere i think in the 5 or 6th page a few of the 4th gen TL owners thought this was a good thing. and that if Acura made another 2-door car it would flop. They also mentioned that they didnt like to be associated with "ricers" and thats what Acura were going for with the Integra/RSX. While I took a little offense to him calling us "ricers" I'm more interested in why they think that a 2-door is a bad idea. If any of the info i found is correct the TL sold about 2x as many units per year, but the Integra wasn't doing that bad, averaged about 28k sold every year while the TL averaged about 56k. And the RSX surpassed that at over 34k a year while the TL numbers dropped to around 51k.

Honestly if they made another coupe styled a little after the TSX it would get better gas mileage then a sedan it would look better and appeal to more people by having that option. I think that is something that Acura needs right now is that "enthusiest" base/entry level car.

I want to get another Acura when I sell my G but it is very hard to want to continue being loyal to a company that doesnt offer what I want. And what i WANT is a coupe. I could do a sedan, looking for the new TL since the ILX concept doesnt appear like the final design will appeal to me. but when there are so many other car companys out there that have a coupe with RWD for roughly around the same price as a TL with FWD, it just doesnt make much sense IMO to go with the TL.

It may not have had the best sales numbers but they were still numbers, $20,000 x 28,000 = a decent amount of money. money that I personally think Acura could still be getting if they offered a coupe, but instead its only Honda with the coupe (accord) and just for that and the lower price tag I think Acura is losing a lot of money. (even though its parent company is Honda it still is its own company)

/rant (i do this when im tired) what are your guys opinions if u have any?

Last edited: