Add-on Cup holders

acl

I've just bought a '90 Integra LS from a mechanic who helped to replace many components including new brakes, new tires, new radiator, right CV joint & timeimg belt. The car runs great at 190,000 miles and I am very happy about it.

The first basci add-ons I'll need are cup holders. I was completely surprised when I found that this great little car has no cupholder. I always carry a coffee cup into a car and now I could not do it anymore. I've put two window-mount plastic drink holders onto the two sides of the windows at the backseats but my two kids broke the holders on the second day when they enter the car. Does anyone has idea where to find a add-on cupholder that will integrate well in the front, may be between the two front seats? I've seen stores carry vent-mounted cupholders but I don't think the holder will support a 12 oz. or more coffee cup with coffee. Any suggestions and ideas will be appreciated. acl.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i havent seen much out there that really works well, autozone used to have one that you could screw to the side of the console

grayghost

I put one of these in my Miata and it works very well.

I don't have small kids so I don't know how kid proof it would be. It mounted with two screws so damage to the console is very limited.

If there is someone in the front passenger seat it can fold up out of the way.

You can get it from Amazon.com for less than $7

Last edited:

WAR 178

Premium User
one of the members on here has his towhook modded into his armrest...the best looking sturdy cup holder ive seen in a while!!

BA90LS

if you have a standard radio, it may work to find a 95 style ford taurus that has a cupholder/coinholder with two trays one cupholder and one coinholder that is the size of a regular radio and should fit the area above the radio in the second generation tegs, this is what im talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-95-ford-taurus-sho-sable-saab-hot-rod-rat-rod-coin-cup-holder-/300602632935?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fd502ae7

Detman101

Da9 newbie
I grabbed the center console out of a Gen-3 teggy. I'm gonna spray it black and mount it in place of the center console that's already in there. the front part mounts at the same 2 bolts that are already there...just have to fab up some mounts for the rear.

Dm of mD

Detman101

Da9 newbie
I grabbed the center console out of a Gen-3 teggy. I'm gonna spray it black and mount it in place of the center console that's already in there. the front part mounts at the same 2 bolts that are already there...just have to fab up some mounts for the rear.

Dm of mD

TEG.

Dm of mD
Hey I know this is an old thread I'm bumping but if you can , can you post some pics of how you mounted the console in the back?