Adding a high flo cat

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Sup, i've had so much trouble tracking down a Magnaflow (carsound) high flow cat. I found a few websites now that i think have what i need but heres the deal... I have a completley stock exhaust system now and i was going to replace h/c/e all at once but my stock cat is doneee for :shock: So. Eventually i will be picking up Greddy ss 4-2-1 headers and a buddyclub prospec exhaust, and i'm shooting for low-midrange power, if you didnt know already!! I want either a 2" or 2.25" cat but my question is,WHAT size cat will work with my stock exaust and be able to handle my h/e eventually...like what size inlet and outlet?

BTW: I'm pretty sure the stock headers collector is like 1.75" , cat? , exhaust is 2" piping so i dunnoo

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
We sell that at nopi Dude I can get you good price, its for your LS right?......................Oh shit nevermind its only up to 99, that weird!?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Get the 2.25 inch. It'll work with the stock exhaust, and when you get your aftermarket setup it'll be the perfect size for them.
Magnaflow cats aern't that hard to find. Call around to some exhaust shops in your area, look in the Yellow Pages at some display ad's, someone gotta carry Magnaflow product where you live, and then you can go right down there and pick it up immediatley instead of waiting for it to be shipped to you, and paying for shipping.

All stock USDM G3 Integra's have a 2 inch exhaust manifold collector. Yes, even the Type R's.
LINKY to that information.

LStegg

1 bad LS
2.25 inch is what you need 4 stock. Just dont price a stock cat cause your probably lookin' at like $800 !
I was a tech at a Honda dlrshp. and customers used 2 flip out about the cost when we had 2 break it 2 them. :thumbs up

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Damnnnnn $800 f-that. So correct me if i'm wrong but wouldnt a 2" h into a 2.25" cat anf back into a 2" exaust be creating the bottleneck effect or watever?? I'm gona go with the 2.25" becuz when i replace everything else i kno it'll be best then but its gona be ok not losing a ton of power right?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
A bottleneck is when you go big to small to big. You're middle part is getting bigger than the rest, not smaller. You won't lose any power, a Carsound will flow alot better than the stock cat. It's not gonna be enough to notice on the butt dyno either way.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
I'll be putting a High flow on my LS Thursday, along with some piping and other goodies!