Advancing Club Integra, your opinion is needed

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
With the recent "Removing the Rep System" thread, its come to light that the views I share with the website are indeed shared by some, but not some of the others, mostly in reference to how the site is moderated.

Please share your opinion, while trying to keep this thread on topic an free of slander. If you have constructive criticism to share, please do.

When it comes to club integra, I will admit, I mainly come here for how active it is and how many members there are. I like to come here and chit chat with the turbo forum, and give my input and help members that share some of the same interests with integras as I do.

However, more than a few of us are tired on how n00b threads keep popping up and we keep on saying the same thing over and over again. Some of us are tired of reinventing the wheel, and having to sift through mor than a few pages of questions that can be answered quickly through a google search.

Weve had plenty of good suggestions in the other threads, and some that were not as good (imo.)

Should more of the site be closer monitored by mods in order to keep this site from filling up with worthless threads?

Weve been suggested to look away from threads such as these, and treat them like theyre not there. But wouldnt such a thing only warrant the need to keep bumping and creating more threads of the same nature? Why should club integra cater to the lazy.

I see great potential on this site. In comparison to the rival website TEAM INTEGRA, the amount of activity on this site is much greater. In terms of technical information and builds, this site is unfortunately sub par. If anyone were to take the time and browse how Team Integra had their articles written up, youll find that all of them are on point, and I myself have used them.

When it comes to Club integra, this forum seems more active in the lounge and off topic sections rather than the technical sections, and its sad when off topic threads are more popular than the rest of the website.
What I would like to see, is one that contains a high level of technical aspects on our cars, and one that is fairly active, with great builds and information, while retaining an off topic section that is great to post in.

What can be done to have the site move forward? One that doesnt have stupid threads popping up left and right? Perhaps people can search more, and moderators can moderate more.

Please share your opinion.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
I also wanted to add, that I am a big fan of techincal discussion and debate with lots of good information.

I know that this site can benefit from a lot of that and we all can learn alot from it. Ive had thoughts and opinions that differ from members on this site. Spawne32 and Speedin I know had different opinions than I do on topics and I respect that. Do I still think theyre wrong on certain things? Sure, maybe. Do I hate them for that? No. theres always a different outlook on things and this place will benefit from it greatly.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
there's a feature on a local forum that's pretty cool. while you making a new thread it takes your title and automatically searches the site for you and pops up with suggestions before you make a thread. maybe we could get something like that?

JGvtec

there's a feature on a local forum that's pretty cool. while you making a new thread it takes your title and automatically searches the site for you and pops up with suggestions before you make a thread. maybe we could get something like that?
quoted for excellence

lokibear

I agree with better organization. I'm not trying to justify the repeated questions but I can see how it happens. Often when I search for answers using the search bar tons of threads pop. It can be very time consuming reading multiple threads that are a few pages long.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Just posting so I can come back to this, I'll say something useful when I get home from work

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Lol that actually is pretty cool. I'd be interested in this feature for the forum as well.

jbrown97ls

That seems like it would fix the frustration between "noobs" and the "ogs".

mygsr's

Just chiming in although I don't post much this site has helped me with more things than I can say. But like the others have said when you search something you get pages and pages of threads and I simply don't want to sift through all of that. That is why I feel like many "noob" threads are being made; simply because no one wants to go through all of that. I agree completely though almost every turbo thread I look at is, "what do I need to do so I can boost my car?" C'mon people google can answer that, im tired of going through threads looking for useful info and I see the same damn thing all the time because people just keep popping up new threads for the hell of it. Overall I am very glad I am a member here but like the others have said I believe some other features could be oriented into the site and work out very well. Thats all.

lokibear

A lot of people don't realize they can go through other members build threads and learn a lot. See the different set ups and how things are working on the cars. I've had a lot of my questions answered this way and if I still have more questions ill pm the op.

jbrown97ls

Numerous members threads have helped me. I agree,sometimes looking through a million threads even when using the search engine can be overwhelming, but it doesn't take more than 10 minutes if you know what your looking for.

Maybe have a reminder to search pop up when you make a new thread in the tech section and only have X number of posts?

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
thanks for the input fellas (and ladies ;) )

your .02 is valuable to helping this place get the ball rolling again.

I dont think the wheel needs to be reinvented.

Its different if someone posts, "Is this ebay turbo good?" vs "What bulb size do our clusters take?"

the bulb question is easy to answer, and easy to search, but almost every ebay thread ends with a face palm.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
All of these ideas are good. I'll look into what needs to be done to apply some. It seems we also need some useful stickies with links to some of the basic answered questions that are constantly being posted.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
All of these ideas are good. I'll look into what needs to be done to apply some. It seems we also need some useful stickies with links to some of the basic answered questions that are constantly being posted.
This.

The only good thing about team integra is all of the DIY and articles. Theyre full of images, and detailed. They're also sorted and categorized. Maybe we can implement something like that?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
I just added this mod :thumbs up