Advice on my oil leak

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
95 integra gsr
My rear main seal and oil pan are progressively leaking worse.
Now i know to fix it but its not next on my list.
Next up is the front end suspension but as you can see in the pictures oil is Everywhere on the driverside and im afraid when i rebuild the front end, the oil will ruin the bushings etc.

Would you fix the leak first or go ahead and rebuild the frontend suspension??

(Cv Boots are fine)

R13

The other asshole
Maintenance before mods/upgrades always man

I mean I'm sure the oil is nothing but good for the bushings :lol: but that looks like a wicked oil leak, I'd just bite down and grind to get it fixed so you don't have to worry about it anymore. :thumbs up

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Maintenance before mods/upgrades always man

I mean I'm sure the oil is nothing but good for the bushings :lol: but that looks like a wicked oil leak, I'd just bite down and grind to get it fixed so you don't have to worry about it anymore. :thumbs up
You're right i didn't eventhink of that :smackself:
Il do some research on what parts need replacing while dropping the pan and transmission. Thank you

R13

The other asshole
Probably wouldn't hurt to check the clutch/flywheel, just make sure you get a clutch alignment tool if you take the pressure plate off the flywheel so your disc doesn't get broken trying to stick the trans back into it.

Might throw in a throwout and pilot bearing if yours make any noise or feel rough.

Just a couple of things I can think of off the top of my head.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Probably wouldn't hurt to check the clutch/flywheel, just make sure you get a clutch alignment tool if you take the pressure plate off the flywheel so your disc doesn't get broken trying to stick the trans back into it.

Might throw in a throwout and pilot bearing if yours make any noise or feel rough.

Just a couple of things I can think of off the top of my head.
Thank you
i plan on doing all preventative maintenance and might take up that exedy clutch sale i heard about.

R13

The other asshole
Probably not a bad idea :thumbs up

Just be sure and get your flywheel resurfaced if you get a new clutch, or get a new flywheel if you want to upgrade to a lighter flywheel.

I also like to replace my flywheel bolts when I take them loose, not sure it's necessary it's just something I like to do if I can.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I thought my own oil leak was bad, but I don't have oil getting over onto my control arms. That's pretty wicked. I've had oil dripping down onto my header like yours too, even failed an inspection one year because of it. I'm actually replacing my oil pan gasket in the next few days while my header is off getting fixed (bottomed it out, getting the dents pushed out). You oughta change your pan gasket while you have things out. I found an OEM one on Ebay from THIS GUY for $18, $10 cheaper than you'll pay at the dealership. (It's part #11251-P30-004 for out 1995 GSR's too.) Even thought it had to go cross country, I got it in 3 days from that place. Leaking oil pan gaskets are a very common problem for the B18C1, but not a tough fix.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Mine has "sweat" the whole time I've owned my car. It leaked when I got it, I put a fail-pro gasket in it and it just has like a sweat effect, oil never hits the ground or disappears really, but the pan stays oily.

Ryan659

Damn dude, fix that leak :lol: get everything nice and clean too so you know if you're leaking again.

People probably don't torque it correctly so they continue to have leaks

Ryan659

And download the helms manual, it's an awesome tool if you don't have it already. I used blue locktite (medium strength) on my flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts. And have a buddy available to hold the bolt on the opposite side of the engine of the flywheel (can't remember what it's called right now :lol: )