AEM 94-01 Hybrid Cold Air Intake ~ Yes or No ~

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
$280 on the AEM online store.
If you want to avoid hydro lock, don't drive through lots of puddles.. or take your teg swimming.
Whether it's worth $140 is up to you man, if you have the cash and are going to pick one up, I'd say check your local Craigslist/Kijiji before you buy that. Can probably pick one up for much cheaper.

Peeples

$280 on the AEM online store.
If you want to avoid hydro lock, don't drive through lots of puddles.. or take your teg swimming.
Whether it's worth $140 is up to you man, if you have the cash and are going to pick one up, I'd say check your local Craigslist/Kijiji before you buy that. Can probably pick one up for much cheaper.
Sorry I didn't give enough detail:

My neighbor up the street has 4 civics, 3 DD and one track only.

He has a used AEM hybrid cold air intake in his garage that he wants to sell it to me for $140

mjones73

As long as it fits your car and motor it sounds like a decent deal. The hybrid models are for cars with engine swaps. I think Robbdance was just giving you the cost of a new one to compare to.

Kinta94

That's a lot. I say eBay cold air intake and go with a better filter unless you want the brand name stuff

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Even still, you could pick up a CAI off CL/whatever for less.
That seems like a lot for a used intake to be honest, my buddy had an SRI off his old DA9 that he gave to me for free, it only fits because I have no ABS, but it's still an intake.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Even still, you could pick up a CAI off CL/whatever for less.
That seems like a lot for a used intake to be honest, my buddy had an SRI off his old DA9 that he gave to me for free, it only fits because I have no ABS, but it's still an intake.
Nothing wrong with an SRI, in my opinion. Do some research on the differences and I think you'll find the SRI isn't a poor choice; plus you won't have to worry about getting a bypass valve to avoid sucking up the water :D
You can find either SRI's or CAI's pretty cheap if you're patient.