Aftermarket 4dr taillight assembly

janathan5

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket tail light assemblies for 4 dr gs?? All I find are for 2 drs. Would like to change them out since I changed out the headlight assemblies

janathan5

Some have chrome, I am just looking for any that will fit the 4 Dr since the assembly is smaller than the 2 Dr ones

janathan5

Mine are cracked and filling with water, won't past safety so I have to replace them.. I have looked around for stock but they are all cracked as well.. the same thing with my fronts so that's why I swapped out with aftermarket, now just can't find tail lights

94RS

No fucks given.
Cracked where exactly? Are they leaking between the lens and housing?

janathan5

Yes sir but mostly leaking in the lenses. Taking it apart to fix it seems to risky since I could accidentally make the damage worse.

94RS

No fucks given.
You don't even need to take them apart. If there's any sort of gap between the lenses and housing, fill it with clear silicone. Just the normal stuff you'd buy at Lowe's or Home Depot. Put one big, even layer of it on, then the next day repeat.

I just did it last week on my cars drivers taillight, washed it Sunday and no leaks. You can still kind of see it since it wasn't fully clear yet (takes about a week)

Drivers side taillight doesn't leak in anymore, but as my luck would have it, the passenger side leaks into the housing now :lol:

Thankfully it's just into the housing and not the trunk.

$10 for some silicone and a caulking gun is cheaper than buying all new lights :what:

DarkDB1

But to answer the question, No... It's not cost effective for aftermarket manufactures to produce a 4 door DB1 tail light since there aren't many people doing anything to the 4 door and there is a difference from 90-91 and 92-93 in the overall shape of the light.